Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

deer transport

Old 12-01-2005, 04:13 PM

Default deer transport

can i make something to carry a deer? i plan on putting it on the back of my jeep. similar to this... http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0006492&type=pod&cmCat=catfeat

Old 12-01-2005, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: deer transport

Just make sure you put a tarp over your deer or RED will come and get you.

LMFAO

I didn`t know they were that cheap I might pick one up for my SUV
Old 12-01-2005, 06:56 PM

but can it be done? or should i just pay the $100?
Old 12-01-2005, 10:49 PM

Jeeps and deer go together.Deer was ment to go over the hood of the jeeps and tied down.That has always been the way to go with jeeps.Cool looking to I might add.The old american way. Unless ya worried about getting your paint job smudged or maybe some scratches. But that is the way I would go.The second options would be the rack you talked about.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:19 PM
Fork Horn

IMO, I would get a rack for the rear hitch of the jeep. Laying across the hood will only heat up the carcass that needs to cool off. Not worth ruining the meat. Search the forum and there was a recent thread mentioning rear hitch carriers. Good Luck!!
Old 12-01-2005, 11:34 PM

I never really thought about the heat issue. And how far had to travel to get the deer to the butcher. I wouldn't have more than a 20 minute drive from where I hunt from though.But good point there.On a cold day with the way engines running cooler than they have I think heat wouldn't be that much of a factor unless you got a 4 or 5 hr drive in 40 or above weather.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:32 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Jim Beam

I never really thought about the heat issue. And how far had to travel to get the deer to the butcher. I wouldn't have more than a 20 minute drive from where I hunt from though.But good point there.On a cold day with the way engines running cooler than they have I think heat wouldn't be that much of a factor unless you got a 4 or 5 hr drive in 40 or above weather.
Good point!! Distance and outside temp's definately give you options. Didn't mean to sound negative!! There are certain individuals on this forum that would loose a load at the mention of transporting a deer carcass on the hood of a jeep. Peace!!
Old 12-02-2005, 03:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

you could just strap it to the grill of the jeep. Heat from the engine will rise and go through the hood. Use some ratchet straps and fasten it to the grill and bumper. Make sure you slice holes in the carcass though so air can get through the grill and your engine doesn't overheat. And as always.........be sure to take the long way to the butcher so everyone can see.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:14 AM

the site you put up has a price of $59.99 that is cheaper than you can make one.I make a lot of my buggies to haul things in the woods.I have a weilder ; tourch and can do all the work.I can't make one that cheap.

go with the factroy made.less trouble and just have to hook it up.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stretchhunts

Just make sure you put a tarp over your deer or RED will come and get you.

LMFAO

I didn`t know they were that cheap I might pick one up for my SUV
Or Red (aka: Archie Bunker) Allison will call ya a toothless Redneck, God forbid!

Quick Reply: deer transport

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.