HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Doctor Death drops Local Legend ! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/123037-doctor-death-drops-local-legend.html)

DoctorDeath 11-29-2005 07:18 PM

Doctor Death drops Local Legend !

Well heres what happened ...yesterday here in the south we had a lot of bad weather so there was no hunting for me. This morning I had business to take care of so decided to go hunt this afternoon even though it was pretty windy. I got in my stand about 2.00 and just listened to the wind blow ...about 3.30 the wind dropped off a good bit and about 3.45 I heard my son shoot ..he radioed me to tell me he had taken a 6 point running a doe. I got pumped for him and became a lot more focused. I was looking out the back side of my blind and had just turned my head and saw something running inmy direction hell bound for leather ... flag up at about 150 yards ... I grabbed my old Browning 270 and got ready for hopefully a shot ...as the buck came closer it was hard to tell just how good he was as the field is waste high in sage grass ...when the deer was about 100 yards away he had to make a choice ...to turn away from me and duck into the wood line he had come from which most likely would have elimited a decent shot or he would have to cross the field in front of my blind ...well he made the wrong choice ...as he ran broadside at about 100 yards I made a nanny call to try and stop him ..he kept going ...again I made a nanny call and this timehe stopped dead in his tacks and look towards me ... the Browning recoiled and the buck dropped ... he got back to his feet ..I chambered another round and shot again this time he was down for the count ... I just set there and wondered what had just happened ... my son radioed me to find out what I had shot and I told him to come to my blind ... I waited for him so we could enjoy the moment together .... as we walked up to him I was blown away ...this is a pretty big buck for this area ... this ole buck only has 3 teeth in the lower jaw ..the rest are gone...neighbors have told us about this buck for a couple of years he was "The Local Legend"... MAN what a YEAR !!

DD

DoctorDeath 11-29-2005 07:19 PM

RE: Doctor Death drops Local Legend !

another

DoctorDeath 11-29-2005 07:20 PM

another

DoctorDeath 11-29-2005 07:21 PM

another

DoctorDeath 11-29-2005 07:21 PM

last one

bigcountry 11-29-2005 07:28 PM

Dadgone DD, you could fall down a sewer pipe and come up with 3 gold watches and smelling like a rose. Look at all those big deer you got. Last one I seen like that was like5 years ago in WV. Or oncamera or at night, which don't count. I think I must stink

bigcountry 11-29-2005 07:29 PM

By the way, congrads, couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

KickerPoint79 11-29-2005 07:31 PM

Way to go you legend slayer!!;)

live2hunt743 11-29-2005 07:35 PM

SO BUCKS DO GET THAT BIG!!! man, i thought them deer were just legends! congrats man! awesome deer!!

Rebel Hog 11-29-2005 07:37 PM

Dam DD, what a year you're having! Congrat's buddy!
Remember, don't drive around town with your tail gate down, go straight home!:D:D

DoctorDeath 11-29-2005 07:51 PM

Thanks guys ...just been one of those years ..in the right place at the right time is all ... and just for ya'lls information ..Im not near as red or heavy as the pictures look ...I had to enhance the light from the camera ...and I have 3 shirts on under that big sweater ..however I aint missed no meals ;>)).....psssst Reb ...don't tell Red on me ... kkkkkkkkk ???

dd

Rammer 11-29-2005 07:51 PM

Congrats DD!

Now I need to get out an kill the Local Legend around my parts.......

Rebel Hog 11-29-2005 08:00 PM

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

Thanks guys ...just been one of those years ..in the right place at the right time is all ... and just for ya'lls information ..Im not near as red or heavy as the pictures look ...I had to enhance the light from the camera ...and I have 3 shirts on under that big sweater ..however I aint missed no meals ;>)).....psssst Reb ...don't tell Red on me ... kkkkkkkkk ???

dd

:D:D:D:DDid you drive him by the KKK-Mart?:D:D:D:D

DoctorDeath 11-29-2005 08:02 PM

Nope I did not do that Reb I have a little more class then that ...I cruised around the town square and right through the DQ :>))

dd

shortfatguy 11-29-2005 08:06 PM

nice deer man!! must have made your day to see your boy get one then this guy stumbles in!! congratulations!

trailer 11-29-2005 08:13 PM

Nice job there DD..;)

longrifle1000 11-29-2005 08:25 PM

Man doc, you are on fire this year!!! Congrats on a fine buck!!!

Your package should be in the mail tomorow.

Rebel Hog 11-29-2005 08:25 PM

Nope I did not do that Reb I have a little more class then that ...I cruised around the town square and right through the DQ :>))

dd

JagMagMan 11-29-2005 08:27 PM

Congrats again! What a season! I wish you could send a little luck my way!

_Dan 11-29-2005 08:40 PM

another

DD, is that an ear ring???? [:'(] HAHAHA

DoctorDeath 11-29-2005 08:47 PM

Well Dan yes it is ..Im an old biker ... you have a keen eye !

dd

121553 11-29-2005 08:51 PM

Very respectful Dd. I never knew you were so ugly though. ;)

Bobby

_Dan 11-29-2005 08:52 PM

Well Dan yes it is ..Im an old biker ... you have a keen eye !

dd
I hope you didn't take offense to that, I used to have 3.

WVCritter 11-29-2005 08:55 PM

Nice buck ya got there DD. Congrats and also to your son on the 6 pointer. By the way, let's see a pic of your son's deer.

DoctorDeath 11-29-2005 08:56 PM

No offense bro ... just wanted you to know it was in the "LEFT" ear LOL !!! ...and 12155 ...I was so ugly when I was born that my mom thought she had a one eyed baby for 6 months until a friend told her she was pinning the diaper on the WRONG end!!

dd

knemohunter 11-29-2005 08:59 PM

I don't think I am going to make fun of anything in that picture. You got a big buck plus you look like you might be able to tear off my head. GREAT JOB!!!

121553 11-29-2005 09:26 PM

No offense bro ... just wanted you to know it was in the "LEFT" ear LOL !!! ...and 12155 ...I was so ugly when I was born that my mom thought she had a one eyed baby for 6 months until a friend told her she was pinning the diaper on the WRONG end!!

dd

Now thats ugly, but I think my mom saved the after birth. ;)

Bobby

Rammer 11-29-2005 09:57 PM

DD - not to change the subject, but do you ever make the Sturgis run?

RattleSnake1 11-29-2005 10:04 PM

That's a dandy Doc...CONGRATS! BTW...what kind of horse ya got?

121553 11-29-2005 10:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Rammer

Don't know about Dd, but I been there and done it, I am sure you havetoo, since its in your own back door. ;)

Bobby

AJ52 11-30-2005 12:18 AM

You are the MAN.

Very Nice Deer Bud!!

spde911 11-30-2005 12:50 AM

Nice buck!Congrats.

Can anyone delete the post before mine. That's just sick and kids might see it.

nc bearhunter 11-30-2005 02:02 AM

thats a nice deer you are the man someone needs to block that sick idiot who's posting sometimes my grandson reads these posts

Bionicrooster 11-30-2005 02:54 AM

post removed

Steve F.in MD 11-30-2005 03:07 AM

Very nice buck. Are you done YET?

DoctorDeath 11-30-2005 04:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Rammer

Rammer Ive been riding a bike for 41 years ... never been to Sturgus but have been to Bike Week in Daytona 14 times .... Im riding a 95 Nostalgia Heritage right now .... and to the rest of you guys thank you for the Kudoe's but the truth is that I just got lucky .... BUT I would RATHER be lucky then good ;>))

dd

Rickmur 11-30-2005 05:07 AM

Congrats once again but did you forget your son took a 6pt?[&:] Let's see his pics :D

Tree climber 11-30-2005 05:23 AM

DD ; thats a fine buck. congrats. only problem I see with the pic. is it's not me in there .:D :D :D

DoctorDeath 11-30-2005 05:36 AM

ORIGINAL: mdbohuntr

Congrats once again but did you forget your son took a 6pt?[&:] Let's see his pics :D
Mb My son dropped his buck off and the processor's on the way home ...the only camera we had with us was my cell phone and I have no idea how to transfer that pic to my PC ..

dd

DannyD 11-30-2005 06:00 AM

Way to go DD,
Great Deer, Great year. Congrats