Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

deer on the side of the road

Old 10-10-2002, 11:53 AM

Default deer on the side of the road

A freind of mine who is not a hunter told me this story about a week ago him and his buddy were comeing home one night when they saw a nice deer along the road it was alive and standing there they went by the deer pretty fast so they turned around to get a better look at it the buck (a 5X5) was just standing there and as they pulled up to it the deer just stood there and looked at them they honked their horn and yelled at the deer but it just stood there then one of them got out this may not have been the smartest thing to do but he grabbed the deers horns and shook The deers head the buck still stood there so they went to their place and called the sherrif and the sherrif shot the deer i am wondering has anyone encountered this before and did they do the right thing

James Jedlicka
Old 10-10-2002, 02:04 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-10-2002, 03:04 PM

Default RE: deer on the side of the road

Probably one of them decoys.

Guns cause crime, like flies cause garbage.
Old 10-10-2002, 05:50 PM

It was definatley a decoy. And yes I am more than sure that the warden was getting a pertty good kick out of it.

You will more than likley find this footage on, Americas Funniest Videos.

KEEP HUNTING THE GREAT OUTDOORS & GOD ALIVE, PASS IT ON!
Old 10-10-2002, 08:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

The deer was "alive" and the sheriff shot it? Get a follow up on this if you can....

Old 10-10-2002, 08:59 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
The deer was &quot;alive&quot; and the sheriff shot it? Get a follow up on this if you can....

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

Buckfever02,

I really hope this deer wasn't alive. If so your sharrif has done wrong. It's against the law to kill deer from the road especially at night. And to answer your question decoy or not no, the sheriff didn't do the right thing.

Was this deer real? were you there when the sheriff shot it.

As timbercruiser mentioned please follow up on this and post the results!

KEEP HUNTING THE GREAT OUTDOORS & GOD ALIVE, PASS IT ON!
Old 10-10-2002, 10:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I thought it was a decoy too, than you said the sheriff shot it! Was it hit by a vehicle and dazed maybe? I still don't know why a sheriff would shot the buck. Here they will put road kill down but they need to call superiors and the CO to its location and reason for discharging the weapon, etc. A pretty long drawn out ordeal, most will just leave the animal to expire unless public pressure leaves them no choice.

I would say something is missing in this tale? I mean who would go up to a buck and shake it's horns....that is plain stupid and definitely certifable for the loony bin! Where these guys drinking or smoking some natural grass? LOL

Old 10-11-2002, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing personal but that's just not a story I would put a lot of stock in.

Old 10-11-2002, 01:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ya i agree either it was a decoy and when the sherrif got there he found out told your friend to go on home he was going to put it down jsut so the guy didnt know what it was or hes making up stories...theres no way he could grabbed the rack and shook it and the deer didnt move...even the car going back for a better look usually scares em off...something isnt right about the story...
Old 10-11-2002, 01:25 PM

Either the deer was severely wunded from a vehicle, and the sherrif noticed, and did the humane thing, or it's a taaaaalllll tale.

&quot;In heaven, even the fish have antlers&quot;

Quick Reply: deer on the side of the road

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.