Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Kansas rifle opener!!!

Old 11-28-2005, 09:43 AM
Spike

Default Kansas rifle opener!!!

The Kansas rifle opener starts on wednesday and I wont be able to get out till this weekend but the weather on Saturday is supposed to be rain/snow mix with it clearing off on sunday and the highs is supposed to upper 30's and the lows in the teens. Do you think this will make for a very good deer hunting?
Old 11-28-2005, 10:22 AM

Default RE: Kansas rifle opener!!!

This should make for a most opportune time to harvest a good deer. You should find that they will be feeding in fields stocking up on their food supply just incase a bad storm hits. This way they will be prepared for a long haul if neccessary. I am going out this weekend too as i will not be able to go out wednesday since I am in college. However I'm hopefull this season to finally harvest my first buck ever. I have been hunting for five years and have managed to shoot three does. I thought i was going to harvest my first buck last year, but thanks to poachers all the deer became nocturnal and pushed off our land for the entire season. I think we might have managed to discourage them this year, i hope so. Good luck KSdeerhuntr.