Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My bucks at the taxidermist

Old 11-27-2005, 06:35 PM

Default My bucks at the taxidermist

Well I dropped my buck off at the taxidermist this morning. I had previously taken it to another one but changed my mind. The first guy I took it to was probably not a good choice. He did not have any bucks in his shop at all. He told me to check out his displays at walmart. I did, and I was not pleased. The hair was roughed up looking and was not trimmed where the body goes against the board. So I rescued my buck the other day and looked into this other guy who does a GREAT job. I have enclosed some pics of my buck and some of the new tax. work.

Tell me what you think my buck scores. I did the scoring system on this site and got about 115" (first time I scored one but Im sure I did it right). Today the guy said he would be about 160's in the Virginia scoring system. What do yall think?

The tax. told me I should get a left turn since one side of the antlers is higher than the other.

Old 11-27-2005, 06:37 PM

Default RE: My bucks at the taxidermist

his deer mounts...mine will be like the one with the plaque.

Old 11-27-2005, 06:38 PM

one more

Old 11-27-2005, 06:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well its a very nice buck ...and you get what you pay for in a mount beleive me ...as for score I am no expert as scores mean very little after the buck is on the ground ...no matter what he scores hes yours ...however I do not see 160 ... but I could be wrong.

DD
Old 11-27-2005, 06:47 PM

From what I have picked up off this site I wouldnt think he would be that much either. Is a state scroing system that different than the one one this site?
Old 11-27-2005, 06:50 PM

That's a very nice buck! How was the buck fever?
Old 11-28-2005, 05:44 AM

ORIGINAL: whitetailblaster

That's a very nice buck! How was the buck fever?
It wasnt really that bad. After the shot was the worst feeling. I thought I hit him farther back than I did. I was praying non stop for him to be laying dead when I got to him. He was.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:50 AM

i dont think that he would really be more than 150 but im not an expert. me and my dad just took both of our gun season buck in to get them mounted. the guy we have is an excellent world class taxidermist. i cant wiat to get him back in a couple of years. hopefully by then i have a nice bow kill buck in there too (:

Old 11-28-2005, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

beautiful deer but it dosen't look like 160" to me.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Good Job! Congrat's!

Quick Reply: My bucks at the taxidermist

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.