Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dead deer in public view???

Old 12-08-2005, 08:54 AM

Default RE: Dead deer in public view???

You must not be from TN--

I love it , I love seeing the deer that other hunters have killed. It get's me pumped up when the season is becoming long and jaded. I remember when we used to strap them to the hood of the truck or blazer in our case. Good Times.....

So when you see a dead deer on the side of the road , do you stop and move it? Do you report it to the TWRA? Do you do anything about it? I doubt it!!!!
Old 12-08-2005, 08:58 AM

Leaving a dead deer in plane sight may offend someone?

What about you calling the ones who do it REDNECKS..... I am a proud REDNECK / HILLBILL whatever you wanna call it.

Double standards MUCH!!!!
Old 12-08-2005, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

who are you responding to here hillbilly?
Old 12-08-2005, 11:58 AM

I enjoy coming to this forum and reading the posts, however, I rarely reply. However, I feel I have to reply to this one. I live in a small community in SW Virginia, a great community until the shadows of Va. Tech started creeping towards us. I’m here to tell you Mr. Allison, I am one of the banjer pickin, skoal dipping, spit down the side of the truck, jacked up 4x4 drvin Rednecks that you referred to. Let me give you my perspective, from the Rednecks point of view. Now, I agree with you, I too think the tailgates should be up, no argument here. But, I see more deer on the back of the SUV on the little hauler than I do in the back of a truck with the tailgate down. I don’t know about the Rednecks where you live, but the Rednecks here can’t afford an SUV. All the “Rednecks” want to do is hunt and be left alone. And NO, we don’t care about PETA, or what anybody else thinks of what we do. But if anybody hurts hunting, it is people like YOU. The white collar, LL Bean modeling yuppie that wants to add all the stipulations that makes the sport I love complicated. It is people like YOU, the reason that we(sportsmen) stay divided amongst ourselves. There’s a lot that goes on that I don’t agree with as I’m sure is the case with everybody. I don’t believe in killing turkeys with rifles nor out of trees, I don’t believe in baiting bears nor hunting them with dogs, I don’t believe in shooting bucks unless it has 4 points on one side(unless your under 16), I don’t believe in using crossbows unless your disabled, this list could keep on going. I’m not going to petition against these things and try to have them put into laws, which tells me you obviously have some clout, because that’s just adding the fuel and giving the anti-hunters a jump start on the ruination of this sport. I, personally, thank God above that I can see a jacked up 4x4 with a nice buck in the back of it, rather than look down the street and see a car that’s been blown up with 4 charred bodies in it, and dozens more laying around it. I believe that we, as hunters have the obligation to obey the laws set forth by our states DNR, after that, a man/women has to formulate a set of rules and guidelines that he/she can live with, manage our herds and ourselves, without the help of some yuppie telling us what we should and shouldn’t being doing, or what’s right or wrong, according to them. I wish you’d rethink your position on this and be thankful that we get to do what we enjoy. If you choose to enjoy your kill by hanging it up in your garage and having a scotch, then do it. If Bubba wants to ride with his tailgate down, do it. Should we go ahead and ban pictures of our kills on the internet?? That’s in the public eye isn’t it? Another thing, why is it, that every time the word Redneck comes up, there’s a reference to a banjo?? I play the upright bass and guitar.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:13 PM

I snipped a couple of things from Fullback24 to reply to, although he wasn't directing at me.

ORIGINAL: Fullback24

... , I am one of the banjer pickin, skoal dipping, spit down the side of the truck, jacked up 4x4 drvin Rednecks that you referred to. Let me give you my perspective, from the Rednecks point of view....

... But if anybody hurts hunting, it is people like YOU. The white collar, LL Bean modeling yuppie that wants to add all the stipulations that makes the sport I love complicated. It is people like YOU, the reason that we(sportsmen) stay divided amongst ourselves....

... I, personally, thank God above that I can see a jacked up 4x4 with a nice buck in the back of it, ...

.... I believe that we, as hunters have the obligation to obey the laws set forth by our states DNR, after that, a man/women has to formulate a set of rules and guidelines that he/she can live with, manage our herds and ourselves, without the help of some yuppie telling us what we should and shouldn’t being doing, or what’s right or wrong, according to them. ...

...Another thing, why is it, that every time the word Redneck comes up, there’s a reference to a banjo?? I play the upright bass and guitar.
I drive anSuburban SUV because it is the most practical vehicle for where I live and what I need it for - long winters, crummy, hilly, unplowed roads, need for 4-8 seats, need to pull a boat, need to carry my stuff inside a warm car rather than in the back of a pickup.I earn a good living in a "white collar" profession that I went to college andprofessionalschool to earn my license for. I buy good qualityclothing and gearfor the purposes I need them for - be it wind, rain, cold, camo, whatever. While the bulk of this stuff is bought locally or from Cabelas, LL Bean carries good stuff at a fair price with a virtually lifetime no questions asked guarantee. What's wrong with that?I've always been totally happy with stuff I've bought from LL Bean, which is more than I can say about the cheapo mail order places or local surplus type places that I made do with when I needed to. I buy good gear - if and only when I need it, or if it is actually better than the cheap stuff I already have. Itake care of it and use it for years and years. Believe me, in earlier days, I got cheap, make do stuff and almost always get something better as soon as I can find it or afford it.

I think jacked up pickup trucks are silly and very impractical Nearly all the people I see driving them are teenagers and early 20s whoeither use them for tearing up perfectly good ground, ruining back trails for other users,and getting stuck in the mud for "recreation" ... or just don't know any better and think they look "cool". The worst thing you can do for icy winter driving is raise your center of gravity or put big a$$ cleated mudtires on it.Iknow very few have jacked up pickupsbecause they need the clearance for anyuseful purpose.I think chewing (and smoking) tobacco is obnoxious, unhealthy and stupid.

But I could give a $hit if my hunting buddy's a "redneck" as long as we both love hunting,respect each other, have fun and get along. I don't disrespect some guy because he uses make-do gear or acts or looks like a "redneck". I disrespect him if he's an a$$hole. I don't believe either silly jacked up pickups, nor stupid tobacco products should be outlawed, but they don't have the right to tear up public land or blow smoke in my face or the faces of my kids.

According to you I'm not a real hunter or bad for the sport because I'm your stereotype of a "yuppie" - worked hard for a profession, make good money, don'tuse second rate or cheap gear, and don't spit tobacco on the side of my truck? What the he11 do you know about me? And that you think you're so damn better than "yuppies"?Talk about stereotyping bigotry.

That said, I agree totally and wholeheartedly with your statement about laws and personal ethics.I agree totally with you that busybodies should keep their noses out of our own personal lawfulbehavior (and I takeit a step further - keep their noses outany of ourbehavior that doesn't hurt anyone).100% on the same page there.

As for the banjo, as one guitar picker to another, Aren't banjo's worthy of scorn in general? For you, you could say they're a yuppie instrument and really insult the yuppies and banjos at the same time! 8-) (actually I own a banjo too, but can't play it for crap). [insert favorite banjo joke here].
Old 12-08-2005, 02:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well stated, Zeke.

I don't know what it is about some guys who think you're not a real hunter unless you drive a "jacked up yota." Lots of those same guys really hate "yuppies" for some reason, too. I don't get that either. Ummm, if you're so naive to believe that a guy's vehicle is any indicator of whether he's a great woodsman or not - you're exactly as dumb as we think you are.

Also, another funny thing is the constant "Yankee" bashing. I hate to break it to ya, bro, but even if the south woulda won (which is presumably what you wish would've happened), you'd still be paying your taxes to the man - you'd still have the same crummy job - and you'd still be angry at the world, albeit for some other, random reason. War's over, man. Let it go. Besides, there are plenty of southern professionals who arehandy with the steel, and know their way around a topo map, contrary to what you may believe.

What is it that causes this "you can't make me" attitude with you guys? For heaven's sake, a single mom might be riding byyour "jacked up yota" with "snuff spit running down the doors," with her little girl on their way to church. I'm sure if they stared, you'd "throw that yuppie b_t_h the finger" or give herthe "always classy" - "What're YOU lookin' at?"

No wonder hunters get a bad name with people like you guys out there.

I'm sure y'all will cry and moan about me being a "high and mighty" yuppie or yankee or fast talkin' city slicker or some business. To each his own. It just goes to show how childish some of you really can be - that you'd throw decency to the wind, just to show the world that you can do what you wanna do.

Ya know, people wonder why there are so many stupid laws passed - this is the answer. A few bad apples can't be decent, so we have to make things illegal. Then, those same idiots are the first ones to cry about it...and cry they do.

So yeah, keep spitting down the side of your truck and parading your bloody doe around town. Then come back here and cry me a river when a local ordinance gets passed banning said behaviour.

Have respect for your fellow countrymen, and they shall have the same for you. Treat people with the dignity and honor that they deserve, and you'll receive the same in return. Why is this so hard to comprehend?
Old 12-08-2005, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Being a redneck is being proud of your roots and a true love for your father’s name. Where family and friends are first and strangers are just a vague, dismal blur in the distance. Rednecks are good ol' boys/gals who usually live in the south (usually in the country) and also tend to have a southern accent. Their necks are red and maybe their arms, too, cause they work hard and out in the heat all day.The group that is ridiculed by most, but deep down envied by all. Some types of rednecks may be cowboys/girls, mountain men/women, country boys/gals, and or hillbillys.

Many pepole think of all Rednecks as Trailer Trash, but there are many city boys that are Trailer Trash also!
Amen
Old 12-08-2005, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Ummm, if you're so naive to believe that a guy's vehicle is any indicator of whether he's a great woodsman or not - you're exactly as dumb as we think you are.
hey quick.....I drive a Subaru Outback.......so Im confused. On one hand its kind of a stationwagon, grocery getter, but on the other it is named an OUTBACK, so am I a yuppie or a rugged crocadile dundee kinda guy?? All this sterotyping has got Mossy confused.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

DON"T WORRY MOSSY..
I'LL SET YOU STRAIGHT...
YOU ARE RUGGED CROCADILE DUNDEE KINDA GUY...

ME ON THE OTHER HAND....
HONDACR-V, HONDA PRELUDE, 79TOYOTA LAND CRUISER, and TOYOTA TACOMA 4x4..
ANDDREAMING ABOUT SOMEDAY OWNINGa McLAREN F1......
I'M CONFUSED....

Old 12-08-2005, 08:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

And don't forget, Mossy - you're also a Ravens fan - and that has its own whole separate set of stereotypes (smokin' crackrock, stabbin your homeboys, peddlin' herb, etc...)

Just kiddin.

Quick Reply: Dead deer in public view???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.