Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dead deer in public view???

Old 12-25-2005, 02:32 PM

Default RE: Dead deer in public view???

Hey Red, you stated it has been a sore spot for a loooooong time. If 75% of the population are non- hunters, 15% being hunters,you have successfully alienated 97% of the hunters with your abrasive comments. Of course thiswas probably calculated before you started the thread, irritate people at the source of their esteem and get a rise...

What was a valid view point turned into something toxic. It caused people to digress from the purpose of the thread and they began to defend themselves, their friends and neighbors...Red, if there is even a hint of remorse in your name calling, please apologize to the people you have successfully offended with your comments so they won't be sosore for a loooooong time.

We are either rednecks ourselves or we have friends who claim to be. I'll bet if we took a survey on this sight we all would be surprised.

Red, you seem more concerned with a blood trail down Main St., U.S.A. then the derogatory statements madetowards red necks.

I, like many other red blooded Americansbecome resentful whensomeone says hurtful things to and about the people I love...

Chill, Red, just chill...
Old 12-25-2005, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

And some people don't believe in miracles!!Merry Christmas to everyone!
Old 12-26-2005, 05:50 PM

For Red putting stuff up about banjo pickin' hillbillies, its offending and just isnt needed. I come from the country where If you drive down the main road during deer season you'll see deer hanging from trees. There is a reason for this, there letting the animals bleed out before the butcher them or take them to one of our few local deer processors (guy who works hard to make a little extra money for him and his family during deer season). Also if you see a deer on a car trunk or hood of a vehicle it may be the only means of transportation those people have to get their animal home, cut them some slack. I remember as a kid as little as six years old all excited to see deer hanging from my neighbors tree, it was one of the many things that got me intrested in hunting. There is a difference between Mn. Street in NYC and the small area of Sheshequin Township where Im proud to be from. So Red you can call us hicks, rednecks or hillbillies or whatever you'd like, it almost sounds like your a city anti hunting guru, however if you came to our area we wouldn't call you a city slicker or something else as you did with us, we'd treat you fair as all can be. Just remember us "rednecks" are probably the most loyal hardest working people you will ever meet. So next time you want to knock us, think about it.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:20 AM

Hey guys. I am new to this site. First Post.

Well out here in Texas it is a very common sight when comming home form deer camp on Sunday afternoon. Driving down I-10 i see up to 20 deer strapped to cars on some days. I personaly like seeing when other hunters have taken.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:13 AM

As a former resident of Michigan this disturbs me.The michigan DNR counts the number of deer on vechiles traveling from the U.P. to lower michigan at the Mackinac Bridge.With out this information their deer population and hunter kill numbers for this area would be tough to determine since we don't have to register them.Another thing is most hotels and cabins all have buck poles in full view of the highway, and to my knowledge nobodys complained to try and stop it.

And yes I might be a Redneck!
Old 12-27-2005, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like this thread. Well i guess I just like a good old debate too.

A thought:

How come Red gets bashed for being PC when it comes to displaying deerthen gets bashed for calling poeple hillbilly, banjo pickin etc, etc?

I see a lot of folks on here screamin about that then in the same breath they got the "if they don't like it they can kiss my butt" attitude

Old 12-27-2005, 10:02 AM
bigcountry

Danny, as younow liveabout an hour above where I was born and raised, you probably have actually met toothless rednecks. Most on here have not that are posting.I know half my family are and I am not proud of them. I am not proud of thier medocre approach to life. And narrowmindedness. What I really can't stand about them is how they are so proud of thier badge of honor of being a redneck and calling attention to thierselves. I was discussing with them over the holidays, on why they need all the attention they call to themselves. Are they a car that needs validating? Are they that insecure in themselves? Who knows. They think I am just as arrogant as the day I left and looked back explained I wanted something more than just growing dope on a mountainside. I want to see whats over that mountain and not stay stuck in that holler worrying about my next going season, and probably end up doing time as alot of them have.

I know for me, I get called a redneck pretty well daily when I moved to MD. Why? Cause I come from Ky and talk funny? If I get mad, they say it even more. So I try to ignore it. They instantly believe I have a learning disability, when after they work with me for a while, are shocked that I sometimes run circles around them in the engineering field. I don't embrace the name. I don't like it. Their is nothing flattering about it. Some embrace the name and see it as being proud as someblack poeple like calling each other nigga. But as for me andalot of oldersmarter black peoplesee, there is nothing flattering about either. Neither is a name that helps you in life. And neither will get you too far.

You have seen both worlds. The world I grew up in and urban world. When red said this, I know what he's saying. He ain't bustin on 95% of the people on this board. If you have a computer to reply, he probably ain't bustin on you. Its the people in the mountains that a bangin thier sister he is talking about.

Old 12-27-2005, 10:40 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Its the people in the mountains that a bangin thier sister he is talking about.

Come on BC, that's not a fair statement and you know it![8D]Are youtelling me thatthere is'nt trailer trash and degeneratesin the cities, probabally more!
Old 12-27-2005, 10:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

<SIGH> and the beat goes on ..and on ..and on ..and on...and on ..

dd
Old 12-27-2005, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DannyD

How come Red gets bashed for being PC when it comes to displaying deerthen gets bashed for calling poeple hillbilly, banjo pickin etc, etc?

Ok but how come we have the above situation. It seems like some want to say the heck with PC. I'm gonna display my deer and I don't care what people think. Then later they say that Red shouldn't be calling someone a Redneck, hillbilly banjo pickin, no tooth etc etc.

Quick Reply: Dead deer in public view???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.