Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Please Help

Old 11-25-2005, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Please Help

yes i am making a treestand for ag class and i was thinking of makeing a ladder out of square tubing
i was wanting to know if anyone has any suggestions or pictures of how i could make it so i can bolt the ladder to the base whenever i need it ???
also i was wondering if i could make an adjustible thing out of 1 inch square tubing????as shown
if anyone has any suggestions im all ears
this is my first ag project so im trying to make it "perfect "
specifications in picture
i think there is60 feet of metal there
if i am wrong please correct me
Old 11-26-2005, 03:36 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Please Help

Are you welding these parts together or drilling and bolting ?Whatever ya do BE SAFE.

You could fasten those 4" square steel female threaded pieces to the bottom of the stand. These are those pieces where you could screw in galvanized pipes which act as table legs.I've seen them on the bottoms of some home made tables. Then screw in about 8 inches of galvanized steel pipe. Your tubing ladder could slide up into the steel pipe. YOu could also drill through both sections and add a cotter pin for safety.

PS You are also going to have to have a brace running from the back of your platform down your latter about 30 " I also would have made the top of my ladder as wide as your platform. Looks kind of scary. And...I always make the bottom of my latter wider at the bottom for stability.

Good luck