Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Should I have told him off?

Old 11-26-2005, 11:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Should I have told him off?

I'd forgoten about getting the license plate ...I should have yesterday. I take pride in walking about 3/4 of a mile off th emain road in a WMA to get a better oppportunity. I never dreamed poachers would be out there 4 wheeling it at 6:15Am. 60 miles of driving for nothing. My next hunt will be at a more desilate location. This is the downside of not owning your own land.
Chuck7
Old 11-26-2005, 11:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

You don't post whether shooting from a vehicle is legal where you're hunting, or whether it is legal for handicap (maybe he is).

It is reasons exactly like these that I keep my cell phone camera (at a min) and usually my regular digital camera (w/ video) with me nearly all the time.

Sorry you didn't fill a "freezer tag", but if it was meat you were looking for, you did say some meat had walked by, right? I just guess the meat that did walk by was the wrong cut?

We usually fill the freezer with our first opportunities and get that requirement off the list.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

As the others have stated if he's on his own land and shooting from a vehicle is legal then you have nothing to stand on. I would definately try to fill the freezer first.Maybe you will get another chance soon.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

If its illegal to hunt from a vehicle call the game warden.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:39 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Tree climber

if he was on his property and doing nothing illeagle , then you have nothing to be mad about.telling him off when he has a gun , could be a bad thing.
if shooting from a truck is legal in your state , then he has done nothing wrong.as for seeing you, "last light" , he may not have saw you.it's hard to say.

sorry you didn't get you meat deer.maybe you will get another chance.
I agree with Tree Climber.