Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I'm FREAKING OUT!!!!

Old 11-19-2005, 08:06 AM

Default I'm FREAKING OUT!!!!

Well this is it, what it all comes down to. My .243 cal. ballistic silvertip met a MONSTER buck at about 8:30(it was more like 7:45)this morning. It may be a 10 and man he is WIDE. At first a little spike came threw, he smelt me and spooked. Then an hour laterI was about to give up when I saw rack in the brush. I grunted, he started towards me. By this time buck fever set in, I couldn't get my adjustable parallex scope focused(that things history). Finally, he started turning, in between trees, I put it on his neck faceing towards me and let it rip. The buck stood up on his hind legs, toppled backwards, rolled, raised with a log in his antlers and took off right by me. I got off two more sloppy shots. He vanished from view!Man, from this point I think I did everything wrong so I calmed myself down.Shaking, I waited, felt like an hour, probally more like half. I crept to were he passed close by, and he bled like a stuck pig! I then quietly got the heck out of there. I know some ofyouthink I should havelooked orstalked. But he's in a thicket, were he canbed down and go to sleep. Wish me luck, I'm going to wait until 1o andI will not stop until I find him.
Big Buck Dave
Old 11-19-2005, 09:09 AM

Default RE: I'm FREAKING OUT!!!!

Hope ya find him. It is good you backed out and didn't push him. He should lay down fairly close and blled out. Good luck
Old 11-19-2005, 09:11 AM

Good luck getting him.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

with that kind of blood from a neck shot there aint no stopping it, I guarantee he didnt go far, but it's obvious you missed the spine.
good luck and puhlease! let us know if you found him or not.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:20 AM
Dominant Buck

Gosh Dave, hope you find it!
Old 11-19-2005, 03:12 PM

hope you find him, good thing backing out, with a neck shot and good blood, he should be right there.let us know.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:08 PM

BUCK RECOVERED!! Well, you guys were right, he didn't go far. About a hundred yards, weaving around timber, the blood trail was GREAT! I'll never forget walking up and seeing him, what a relief. He's a perfect 10 pointer with two kickers(ones broke) he hasmass, width, beautiful tines. This hunt was so exciting, having him run out of view without hearing a "crash" was scary. He didn't make a sound once he disapeared.
After I got pics, I quickly field dressed. There was a lot of blood in his chest cavity, that bullet did the job! Well actually two bullets, my second shot I thought was in front, hit his neck also. His neck is all sliced up from fighting, I think, it could of been the backflip he did!
Well that's about it for me guys, six deer I'm tagged out. I hope all of you the best of luck.
Big Buck Dave
Old 11-19-2005, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

How about some pics of this deer....
Old 11-19-2005, 05:11 PM

O'yaa here's a quick pic, I'll post more later!!!

Old 11-19-2005, 05:18 PM

nice buck, congrats man!

Quick Reply: I'm FREAKING OUT!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.