Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

World's Dumbest Poacher

Old 11-15-2005, 02:34 PM

Default RE: World's Dumbest Poacher

do like a guy on here did one year, put up some signs that say no trespassing, colored blind hunter hunting, not responsible for any accidents.
really if you don't stop it with legal help, it'll never stop, heck they may think its ok, cause no one has ever said anything to them, good luck
Old 11-15-2005, 02:36 PM
Fork Horn

He did not point his gun at me. That would have been a different story altogether.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:41 PM
Typical Buck

scrider1
I think you did right.There is way tomany things that could have happen to a loud mouth at this point. You have a buy back behind you that needs you way more than you need to be the only one hunting the land.Some of the guys on here think they own the land and the deer. If they run in to some one on there land and get shot it is all how bad the tresspasser is. I am not saying it is right to tresspass, But dang use you head.[Just as SCRIDER1 did]

Charles Bradford
Old 11-15-2005, 02:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Finally, I see some movement on the other side of a brush pile and there is the guy hunkered down with his gun up acting like he thinks the noise I'm making is a deer.

You did your self no favors here.At this point I would still report him to the cops & game wardens so you have a record of this event,It will not be the last you see of these slobs.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:17 PM

thats almost as stupid as when a man shot a buck kept at the birmingham zoo, then entered it in a contest and was arrested. didn't serve time though, b/c statute of limitations had run out.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I suppose my first question to you would be is the land posted? I assume it is and that the land owner would have told you who all had permission to be on the land hunting and you knew this guy was not supposed to be there ... with that being said I suppose if I would have had a cell phone with a camera I would have took his picture ..I also would have called theland owner and ask HIM what if anything he wanted to do about it before I called the law ... the reason is a lot of land owners do not want to cause trouble with the locals because of retaliation such as property damage ... I think you most likely did the prudent thing seeing your not the actual land owner ...

DD
Old 11-15-2005, 05:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

If they run in to some one on there land and get shot it is all how bad the tresspasser is.
So if you encountered a tresspasser and toldhim to leave,and he shot you as a result just whodo you think would be to blame?
Old 11-15-2005, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think you most likely did the prudent thing seeing your not the actual land owner ...
i agree
Old 11-15-2005, 08:22 PM

In situations like this it is better not to get directly involved with this individual. We all know the laws and this could have been a really bad scene. Take the VIN number of the vehicle, make, type, color etc andcall the proper authorities as soon as possible and let them handle it. It is always better to letproperly trained peoplehandle these types of situations because you never really know what type of individuals you are dealing with even if they are in the presence of children.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:08 PM

Good job on not disgracing a father (no matter how big a piece of crap he is and how much he deserves it) in front of his son. I would still call the game warden and report the guy; when the GW shows up asking questions the piece of crap will know you are serious.

Quick Reply: World's Dumbest Poacher

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.