Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 what are the essentials ,to bring in the woods >

what are the essentials ,to bring in the woods

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what are the essentials ,to bring in the woods

Old 11-13-2005, 06:59 AM

Default what are the essentials ,to bring in the woods

what are those little things or tools you wouldnt be with out in a deer stand , not the obvious gun bow etc. but the little things like , binocs or a deer call , mine are code blue scent the big can , and a call
Old 11-13-2005, 07:19 AM
Spike

Default RE: what are the essentials ,to bring in the woods

A few of the things that never leave my fanny pack, other than the usual license, compass, knife, matches and binocs are:

Multi LED headlight
Pruning sheers (I use these every time out)
6ft of ultra light camo blind material and cord to tie it up with.
combination deer/grunt call
paper towels folded in a ziplock bag, and a bread bag for the heart & liver
If I'm going to be in a tree stand... a strap to raise my bow or gun, my screw in bow holder, a couple of rubber coated screw-in cup hooks.
cell phone

I'm sure I've forgotten to mention a few things, but all of those are some of the things that are in my fanny pack.

Old 11-13-2005, 07:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have a weighted treble hook with the barbs crushed attatched to a long enough cord so when I drop my hat, gloves, coat,whatever, I can retrieve it without going down. Spare release when archery hunting. An orange cap when archery overlaps small game. A couple of extra shells stashed away. Scent killer, Deer Lure, Can's and calls. FOOD. Bino's small knife,extra light and batteries, cell phone, frs radio, dry gloves, face mask, strap-on tree step or steps,to hangmy gear on,in case I hunt a new tree.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:25 AM
Fork Horn

TOILET PAPER! lost a many of new gloves and peices of my shirt for not carrying any.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:32 AM

ORIGINAL: DeerWhisperer

TOILET PAPER! lost a many of new gloves and peices of my shirt for not carrying any.
Yup, Im on my 400 set of socks. Not to mention all the shirts i have with no sleeves. Nothing worse than getting all the way out to your stand and you have to go #2

Old 11-13-2005, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

DW,
Never thought about using gloves[X(] I always carry handkerchief.Couple times I reached in back pocket and - crap - it wasn't there. Now What - There went chunks of t-shirt.

I'd say TP or 3-4 paper towels rolled up are among top 3 to carry.I'd rather forget gun than have nuthin to wipe wtih.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:05 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: DeerWhisperer

Old 11-13-2005, 10:07 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: jerseyhunter

I have a weighted treble hook with the barbs crushed attatched to a long enough cord so when I drop my hat, gloves, coat,whatever, I can retrieve it without going down. Spare release when archery hunting. An orange cap when archery overlaps small game. A couple of extra shells stashed away. Scent killer, Deer Lure, Can's and calls. FOOD. Bino's small knife,extra light and batteries, cell phone, frs radio, dry gloves, face mask, strap-on tree step or steps,to hangmy gear on,in case I hunt a new tree.

DITTO!
Old 11-13-2005, 10:59 AM
Spike

I have a weighted treble hook with the barbs crushed attatched
I forgot to mention that Jerseyhunter...
When I'm in a treestand, my trusty treble hook rig has come in mighty handy! I've found that duck decoy line is one of the best things for that, good and strong and because it's coated, it doesn't tangle up. I drilled out the end of a dowell rod so the treble hook can be stuck in the end, with the cord wrapping around the dowel.
Then the whole contraption fits necely in a pill bottle. I'm always dropping something, and have even plucked up arrows with it.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:15 AM

No need for toiletpaper, just follow the signs " 111" on the trees, sometimes called the left handed three fingers......... !

Quick Reply: what are the essentials ,to bring in the woods

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.