Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Finally, cold-front coming to Va. >

Finally, cold-front coming to Va.

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Finally, cold-front coming to Va.

Old 11-08-2005, 09:06 PM

Default Finally, cold-front coming to Va.

Yes, this is it, I believe peak rut will hit Va. this weekend! The temps are going to drop drasticlly Wedn., and a low of 31 Thurs. night. I think Fri. and Sat. we will see some serious rut/deer activity. Lets get out there and slam'em!

Big Buck Dave

Old 11-08-2005, 10:18 PM

Default RE: Finally, cold-front coming to Va.

dave u have killed some great bucks this season How many more are u allowed? Seein your posts makes me want to get a VA liscense.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:26 PM

Were allowed six, three either sex and three doe, plus you can buy as many doe tags as you want! I've harvested five so far all with xbow. Three nice doe, a big four(looked mature without browtines), and my awesome eight(he's at the taxedermist). I have one more buck tag. I'm going to buy some doe tags tomarrow, I need to let some lead fly.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wish it would get here to Southeast Va. I am in shorts today and am hot. I am seeing more rut activity and I do agree with you that the full rut is near, I just wish the weather would break and cold.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:11 AM
Fork Horn

I think that you are correct Dave. I am keeping my eye on this low pressure system and it looks like it might do the trick. It will be short, but I think it will kick in the rut. The temps will be back up at the beginning of next week, but with the full moon coming, it should be good. I hunt up above Front Royal in the mountains and am leaving Thursday morning. Good luck and be safe.

Mike
Old 11-09-2005, 10:30 AM

Need any company? I only have a couple small spots here locally and I'm getting a little burnout on them. It would be awsome to get out and do some mountain hunting.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:09 AM
Fork Horn

Thank God it is finally going to be cooler. I just came out of the woods and it is 78 degrees. Ive been sweating for three days now and havent seen any deer movement. Hope the Rut gets here before I have to end my deer hunting vacation and go back to work next week!
Old 11-09-2005, 09:07 PM
Typical Buck

i've sweated all week and havent seen any deer moving around, spooked two walking out, but they were laying down. they got up and ran maybe 50 feet and stopped.

no rut here yet, hopefully soon
Old 11-09-2005, 10:15 PM

Ill hunt four hours tomorrow afternoon and Friday all day--I really hope this cold front puts em on the move.

vashadowhunter
Old 11-10-2005, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man are4 you guys lucky to hunt in Va. I lived there from 78-81 and then again from 85-93 and what great hunting it was. I hunted with the best people I ever met and like a fool I didn't keep in contact with them. I went back a few times hunting but it just wasen't the same. Wish I could go back but you know the story you have to go where there is work and money. 8 more years till retirement ( If I live so Long ) then I belive I'll be heading back. Ever hear of Cold Sulfer Spring Va. its along the Murry River near Lexington. now thats gods cuntry. Good Luck Mike

Quick Reply: Finally, cold-front coming to Va.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.