Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hank Jr's 28 point

Old 11-08-2005, 06:51 PM

Default RE: Hank Jr's 28 point

give ol Hank a break
Old 11-08-2005, 10:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Is it me or does Ole Hank look like he took a crock with him to the blind that evening???

Nice deer though.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: massive

Zekestar, Hank is probably a better hunter than over 90% of the people on this board. He really enjoys it, especially turkey hunting. Just because a person uses a guide doesn't make them a bad hunter, a lot of places require a non-resident to utilize a guide while hunting.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't you all remember that he fell hundreds of feet off a cliff and broke his face, they had to rebuild his entire face. He always has the look, and always wears glasses because of that.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:10 AM
Typical Buck

I would agree since i was the one that filmed this hunt, hank knows just as much as any of us if not more about hunting. He knows when and how to use calls, uses the wind to his advantage and can shoot better than anyone i have ever met. He loads all of his bullets himself. This was at an outfitter in Canada and it was only the 5th deer we had seen in 2 days. Hank usually just hunts in Montana, tennessee and alabama at his farms that he keeps up but came on the show as a favor to us
Old 11-09-2005, 09:40 AM

Thanks for letting us know about Hank Jr.'s skills. I truely didn't know and now I do. I'm guilty of a prejudice against celebrities that shoot but don't hunt. Sorry about that. Nice deer, but I still don't like his music.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Allen Denton

Don't you all remember that he fell hundreds of feet off a cliff and broke his face, they had to rebuild his entire face. He always has the look, and always wears glasses because of that.
ALLEN I AM FROM ALABAMA AND HAVE FOLLOWED HANK JR FOR A LONG TIME I LOVE HIS MUSIC... I KNOW ABOUT THE ACCIDENT HE HAD ... AND I KNOW HE IS A VERY GOOD HUNTER ...BUT I ALSO KNOW HE LOVES THE BOTTLE ...SEEN HIM HERE IN HUNTSVILLE GET PLUM CRAP FACED ON STAGE TO THE POINT THAT THE CROWD STARTED BOOING HIM... BROUGHT A FIDDLE CASE ON STAGE FULL OF JACK DANIELS AND GAVE IT TO THE BAND ... NOW THATS NO RELECTION OF HIS HUNTING SKILLS AND THAT IS A GREAT BUCK JR SHOT ... A MONSTER... LOVE THE MASS...BUT THE LOOK ON HIS FACE IS NOT ALL DUE TO THE ACCIDENT ;&gt)

DD
MASS RULES !
Old 11-09-2005, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome Buck!!! Congrats to Hank Jr..

Just one question though. After looking at Elk-Horn Outfitters Website, all the prices are listed per the size of the deer in SCI.Isn't SCI score used for deer killed behind fences, or am I thinking of something else? Was this deer killed 100% free ranging or on a ranch enclosure of some sort? Not trying to create any rumors, just curious, that's all.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:20 PM

I've heard it said before that many times when someone hates someone else it is simply because they are jealous of that person. I believe that too be the case with SEVERAL on here. That is a buck of a lifetime and regardless who pulled the trigger I am happy for them. Did the outfitter know that deer was around? Yeah more than likely so. Was he smart to let Hank Jr. shoot it? HELL YES he was, think of the additional publicity that will get him vs if some Joe Schmoe woulda shot it.

Those boohooin Bocephus because of his celebrity status are full of crap! Yall are talkin out your ******** The man isn't drunk in that picture, his face was essentially ripped off and re-built 30 years ago. Add 30yrs of hard living, nearly a few more brushes with death and yes ALOT of alcohol and drugs and I would think that those even tough enough to survive in the first place would be in MUCH WORSE shape than Hank Jr. is.

Am I a Hank Jr. fan? DAMN RIGHT I am. I was born in 71 so do the math and figure out who was on top while I was a teenager. BUT I don't discredit the mans accomplishments just because of what he had or didn't have growing up. The man grew up on the road and was raised by many in the entertainment business, what kind of a person do you THINK he would've become otherwise? Hank Jr. is a MUCH smarter person than his dad. Why? Because he outlived his dad, plain and simple. Luke the Drifter was right about one thing, he wouldn't get out of this world alive. NONE of is will, but most of us figured out how to make it past 29. That includes Bocephus.

My most favored and admired artist was Waylon Jennings and Waylon said many times that Jr. could play, sing and write songs MUCH better than Sr. I believe that to be true as well. As much as I revere Sr. I think the records stand that Hank Jr. became MUCH larger than his father and transcended country music. As for the drinking, womanizing, rough living and drugs I believe that is all behind Jr. now. He has finally settled down, has the love a great woman (and yep, she aint rough on the eyes either. Who the hell wouldn't do the same if they were in a similar position?) and he Jr. will be the first to admit that his wife, kids and the outdoors come before ANYTHING else, business be damned. The guy grewup, it just took nearly 50 years to do so on his count. What's wrong with that? Many have NEVER grown up, his father was one of them as well.

I say sit down and shut up if you don't have anything positive to say about the guy. He has had his own "mountains to climb" (and he obviously fell off a few of them)in his lifeBUT he made it out the otherside and we are all better off as a result. Who would you rather have up there representing us hunters? Someone like Hank who is a geniune gun nut, is a great collector of firearms and spends ALOT of time on his range and at the reloading table. Or would you rather have some slick, polished TV type (Jackie Bushman comes too mind) who shows up, climbs in a stand and takes the monsters?

Gimme a break,
RA

ps
With regards too Hank being "stuck up". I think that may have been the case in the late 70s thru the early 90s. Now some of that was Hanks own fault I am sure, BUT realize where he was coming from and why he might've been that way. A man with his name, in his position was/is constantly surrounded by buzzards/freeloaders and others wanting something from him. They don't really give 2schits about him, they just want something from him directly or get something by being around him. That GRATES on a persons nerves too the point that it changes your behavior. It happens in MANY cases and is typically the rule with celebrities. It is only the genuine and "mature" people who can cope with and control that aspect of stardom to go on and become better people in the end. I firmly believe Bocephus is one of those! So I admire him that much more for that accomplishment.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Elk-horn outfitters is a fenced operation since they offer bison and fallow deer which are only found in Saskatchewanon game farms.They also sell elk and mule deer that can normally only be hunted by Saskatchewan residents.Are you sure that the deer was taken with this outfitter?

Quick Reply: Hank Jr's 28 point

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.