Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What is up with this warm weather? >

What is up with this warm weather?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What is up with this warm weather?

Old 11-07-2005, 09:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default What is up with this warm weather?

I cant believe how dang warm it is here in Arkansas.Its been getting up to 75 every day this week and Tuesday its supposed to get up to 85. I dont ever remember an Indian summer like this. How does this effect deer movement? I imagine it keeps them bedded down more during the day. Anyways, it sucks bad, its hard to hunt my usual WMA, Bayou DeView, its pretty swampy in places and completely surrounded by rice fields as far as the eye can see,and the mosquitos are literally like a black cloud as soon as you take two steps into the woods. I cant use bug spray cause I don't want to spook the deer, so I have to cover up every square inch, but then I'm hot as hell. They are supposed to be dead by now. Anybody else having this problem?
Old 11-08-2005, 04:34 AM

Default RE: What is up with this warm weather?

It has been warm here in Tennessee to, I just hope it does not get really cold all in one day. I hate those 50 degree temp. drops.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Also warm in VA. Supposed to start cooling down tomorrow through next week.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Up here we’ve been having warmer weather then usual. It snowed a couple weeks back but it’s all gone now. Hopefully it'll start to cool off for the hunt.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: coolbrze0
Also warm in VA. Supposed to start cooling down tomorrow through next week.
I hear that, coolbrze0..... It is unbelievably warm for VA. This stinks!!! I mean, how are you supposed to go hunting in this heat? In camo shorts and a tank top?!? [:'(]

Heck, Sunday (11/6) I was out with my bro-in-law and we play a round of golf at it hit 78 degrees! Unbelievable... BRING ON THE COLD WEATHER!!!!
Old 11-08-2005, 10:21 AM

I have been hunting in SC and its beenWAY hot. Not much luck at all.Ive taken only one doe. and ive seen a spike. Game cam pics show most movement during the night.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:23 AM

84 in Ga. today
Old 11-08-2005, 10:43 AM
Typical Buck

Here in Nebraska, it's been in the mid to upper 70's also. It's supposed to get a little bit cooler this weekend....64 on Saturday and 58 on Sunday. I have found, at least the last few days, that they are out here until at least 8:30, then come back out at 5:15 or so. Talk about your dawn and dusk hunting. I saw a huge buck this morning. I can only hope that I see him this weekend.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:03 PM
Spike

When deer season starts in Central Florida- the rut is on- so you have to be in the woods right? We'll break out the mesh suit, misquito deleto and your grunt call. I hate hunting out of my climber at this time primarily because I am sweating by the time I climb the tree.

With all that complaining I'm doing, I still won't miss the first 4-5 weeks of the season in 80 degree plus due to the deer coming to calls and the chasing is starting. Seeing it is still before the time change, I can go after work and get in a tree and start seeing deer by 6 o'clock.

Do you guys think this will push the rut back or will it be mid-November in most of the mid-west as always?
Old 11-08-2005, 01:34 PM

Been pretty mild here in Wisconsin. Looking to be in the upper40's thisweek and50's this weekend. Sure am hoping for it to cool down and some snow to fall for opening morning.

Quick Reply: What is up with this warm weather?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.