Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Tornado... Not Related to hunting >

Tornado... Not Related to hunting

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tornado... Not Related to hunting

Old 11-06-2005, 08:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default Tornado... Not Related to hunting

I was fast asleep this morning at 330am when my brother in law woke me up and said there was a tornado coming. LUCKILY, the tornado fell apart before it got to my area, but before it got to my area, it caused major damage, killed at least 15 people, Look on cnn or foxnews or anything to see the extent of the damage. I feel so bad for the people who lost their lives last night. This is the second time in 5 years that a storm has had a tornado and came to my area, and the tornado's died both times before they hit me. Ellis Park, A popular horse racing place in Evansville lost 5 or 6 horses. Im looking on tv right now at the damage, its unbelievable.... And theyre saying it might have been an F4. Now I know some ppl will get mad because this has nothing to do with hunting, but PLEASE find your heart if you are one of those heartless people who care only about a wild animal walking through the woods. Oh, The Path of the tornado was 500 yards wide.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:50 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Tornado... Not Related to hunting

and if it absolutely MUST have something about hunting, I went out yesterday evening with my nephew and sat on the edge of a field right out in the open and a button buck came out and i thought it was gonna walk up to us and let us pet it. crazy little deer walked right out with us and was walking around and eating and wasnt bothered by us at all.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

yes this is related because there are fellow hunters who are effected there. I've been monitering it on cnn.com while here at work. My prayers go out to all who are in the effected area. God bless
Old 11-06-2005, 09:16 AM
Typical Buck

the death toll is up to 17 now and theyre expecting it to rise. there are hundreds of injured and this thing fizzled out just 15 miles from my house. Thank God it didnt hold together this far, but I wish it would have hit out in the fields or something or not even at all... the path is at least 30 miles long and now saying 3/4 of a mile wide.

Last month my mom heard someone on the radio talking about the hurricanes and floods and landslides... they said "out west they have the landslides, Down south they are having the hurricanes, Up in the northwest they are having the floods, That just leaves us here in the midwest...""" Well, it looks like we just got ours.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hear ya, being here in tornado ally. 2 years ago we had 6 or 7 tornadoes come thru here in the Kansas City area in one afternoon. My wife and I watched one on radar coming straight for our house, at the last minute it turned right and missed us by about a mile. Not a big one, but still a close call.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

I seen the report ,Got them in there sleep
Old 11-06-2005, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tornados are the most feared natural disaster by far
here in N. Tx. Glad to hear you made it OK, so sad to
hear about those that did'nt. Nobody can blame you
for wanting to write about it.

God bless and keep us all safe,
PK

Old 11-06-2005, 12:10 PM
Typical Buck

so far in the mobile home park there have been 17 confirmed fatalities, and 5 everywhere else.. this brings the death toll up to 22
Old 11-06-2005, 07:18 PM

I'm in Indiana too, and I feel for you. I am well north, Fort Wayne, but I was woken up by my kids last night and ended up watching the weather channel for a while at 3am. It was sooo windy and the lightning and thunder was constant!

This kind of stuff is just such a tremendous shock, and the worst thing is they never knew it was coming.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:09 PM
Spike

I'm on the southwest side of Indy - we were woke up about 2:30 this morning from the wind.We turned the TV on get some info and wewere getting gusts in the 35+ MPH range, but other areas were getting 70+MPH gusts. This morning I heard about the storms down in E-ville, and like always, the deaths occured in mobile home parks.

Right now it's the lead story on Yahoo! news.