Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What is your favorite time in the woods? >

What is your favorite time in the woods?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What is your favorite time in the woods?

Old 11-08-2005, 02:59 PM

Default RE: What is your favorite time in the woods?

Anytimeim in the woods!
Old 11-08-2005, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Before the sun comes up.

Although... I often hunt on the ground up against a tree. It's an adrenaline rush being on the ground and hearing animals approach you but have no idea what they are
Old 11-08-2005, 05:04 PM
Typical Buck

I like it right before sunup and sundown , but for some reason i kill all my deer in the mornings. so i guess that would be my favorite time in the woods.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:49 PM

Favorite time in the woods for me is just before sun up and all the critters are waking up. What a way to start the day!!

My least favorite time in the woods is well before sun up, and it's dead silent, and that stupid owl let's out a screach!!! Glad he does it early enough, so it gives me time to go back and change my pants!! Stupid owl!!
Old 11-08-2005, 07:32 PM

I love it when the midnight sky is so clear at night that the stars are bigger than history and sparkling!
Old 11-09-2005, 08:52 AM
Typical Buck

I would have to agree with most everyone before sunrise and right around sunset. The woods just come alive at these times. You never know what will walk up close to you. I have had two small fawns walk about 3 feet from me at these times, while sitting on the ground.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:15 AM

My favorite time in the woods...Is when I'm not actually in the woods yet. It starts when I wake up at deer camp, make that cup of java, and slowly watch all the members come to camp or wake up. You can see it on everyone face. Everyone gonna bring back a bigg'n. The 2nd part is when all make it back to camp and talking with some of the members that didn't see anything. Have a great meal and the first thing out of their mouth is....I'll be back tomorrow...that additude is what makes hunting hunting and shootin shootin...

Love that camping n hunting...
Old 11-11-2005, 09:54 AM

My favorite time is whenever I get to it. Of course we all ahve "More Favorite" than others. I like cold afternoons when the sky is crystal clear right at sunset, particularly if your get a hunter's moon rise.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:23 PM
Spike

No question about it.. the morning is the best for me. Nothin' like watching the woods come alive in the morning. Incidently.... took filled my (one and only) buck tag at 7:30 this morning!
Old 11-11-2005, 08:57 PM

can't say i have a favorite time, sunup and sundown are special,if the hunt doesn't go good at sunup,i'll say sundown i'll get him.

Quick Reply: What is your favorite time in the woods?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.