Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting Ethics Question...

Old 11-03-2005, 03:33 AM

Default RE: Hunting Ethics Question...

I'm sure glad the deer limit in Ga. has 10 does. I would have gotten one for my friend (if one was able to be hunted..they hiding right now) and used one of my tags. That or problably just give him some of my deer meat. If I did use someones tags...I sure wouldn't tell anyone. What would of happened if they got caught by the game warden...sure would have been hell to pay...Is it really worth it...sorry just my thoughts
Old 11-03-2005, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

I can't help but think that the two bar buddies are a couple of real screwballs. Why couldn't they have helped their "friend" with the farm work and let him go hunt and maybe fill his own tag. He is their "friend" right? Isn't this the kind of things you do for "friends"?

Of course doing this would take away valuable bar time. (You gotta have priorities, right?)

Very good point. I guess you know who you’re true friends are.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:16 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for all the great feedback. I agree with many of you that this is wrong. These guys were/are not my buddies, nor do I know them... just ran into them while waiting for my pizza. So, even if I wanted to, I wouldn't know where to start from a legal perspective.

To answer Yivin's question, this is my first season hunting here in Quebec (native Vermonter). My understanding though is that the repurcussions are severe if the people are caught. Obviously, hunting rights are removed for a period of time. The animal is forfeited. I believe your weapon(s) and any vehicle used to transport the animal are confiscated (atv, tractor, car, etc...). There are probably fines as well. The problem here is that there are very strict laws against this behavior, but not nearly enough wardens (gardes de chasse) to enforce them.

Cheers
Old 11-03-2005, 06:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Honestly I don't see anything wrong with it.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

PICKY PICKY PICKY .... Remember one of the ten strokes .. "Do unto others" ... they were just helping out a friend ..a friend who gave the permisission to hunt his property ... I personally would never consider this a ethics violation ....

ROLL TIDE
DD

Old 11-03-2005, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

From what I have read the guy just wanted meat. If he was doing it for sport, then he wouldn't have asked for the deer to be taken for him. If a farmer in my area came and asked me to do this, I would absolutely do it. Thepeople who say"If he really wanted deer meat,he would find time for it" obviously don't know what it's like to be a farmer.You have to have a priority list, and the farm is #1. Sometimes it doesn't leave any time for anything else, including family at times. It can be a tough lifestyle where you just can't take the morning off to go hunting if you felt like it. I personally am not a farmer but I know enough of them to know how involved it is.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:18 AM
Dominant Buck

It's legal, till you get caught! As long as there is'nt a Wild Life Officer to ask for ID! Therefore it's illegal, but it's thier bussiness not mine. I have nothing to loose!
Old 11-03-2005, 08:32 AM

AS far as I'm concerned it is not right. If the farmer wanted it for meat why not just sit out a day or two and take a doe. Here there are does running all over the place and it really would not be difficult ot harvest a doe that would be used solely for meat. I would not want to assume the risk of getting got and losing my hunting privlidges.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:38 AM

There is definitely something wrong with this. This situation however does not bother me as much as others that could come up similar to this. So what keeps people like this from getting others who do not hunt to buy him a tag, and then kill 50 deer in one season. Just becasue they might be able to throw that much money around doesnt make it right. The more we let small violations of the law go unnoticed the more larger violations will be easier to become morally acceptable.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:11 AM

I don't think it's that big of a deal really, if one of my friends the was unable to get out and hunt wanted a deer I would be happy to oblige, In fact I have a friend who normally hunts but because he's in the military and is overseas in Iraq he will not get to hunt this year, he hunts to fill his freezer and thats not going to happen this year. On of my other friends will fill a tag for his wife and process the deer for them so they have meat in the freezer, I don't agree that you should buy a tag for your wife who has never hunted just to shoot an extra deer, i wouldn't do that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,O and one more thing, for those of you who disaggree with this approach your negative a derogatory remarks about people you don't know is really annoying (uncle matt), I've noticed your quite outspoken by your other post's on this site and I really think you should spend some more time on your stand ALONE instead of trying to get us to agree with your opinions.

Quick Reply: Hunting Ethics Question...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.