Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

smoking cigs

Old 11-01-2005, 07:53 AM

Default smoking cigs

Some of my hunting buds say that smoking cigs in a tree stand doesn't scare away deer. Is this true?I tell them they shouldn't smoke anywhere in the woods but they love them smokes.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: smoking cigs

Ive shot many deer while smoking, heres a pic of the one i shot in 2002 wiht one hanging out of my mouth.

Old 11-01-2005, 09:26 AM
Dominant Buck

I take a box (25) of Arturo Fuentes Cigars with me! The deer love the aroma more than I do!
Old 11-01-2005, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

More important than whether you get a deer or not, smoking in the woods with dry, dead leaves all around is a very smart thing to do, and more important than that... You look cool with a butt hanging out of your mouth.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:44 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Handles

More important than whether you get a deer or not, smoking in the woods with dry, dead leaves all around is a very smart thing to do, and more important than that... You look cool with a butt hanging out of your mouth.
lol..... im SO glad I quit last year, I dont like butts near my mouth!!
Old 11-01-2005, 10:57 AM

well I do smoke but I guess that just me. I have shot alot of deer while smoking. Not that I'm saying smoking is good fer ya, but its my habit. I do take percautions while in the woods. I don't want to start a forrest fire. I actually have a ash try filled with sand on my stands....
Old 11-01-2005, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yivin, I doubt that smoking is your habit, I'm guessing it is your addiction. There is a difference. While I'm against smoking because of many reasons, the thing I'm most against is the tobacco companies being able to regulate the amount of nicotine in their tobacco products. If they made nicotine free cigarettes (they can and have done it) and you smoked those, and only those it would be a habit. But since they don't sell nicotine free cigarettes what you have is a good old fashioned addiction.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:31 PM

ive shot plenty of deer while smoking, or have just put out a butt and they have come in within 20 yards but i would watch the wind direction
Old 11-01-2005, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

Why would they make tabacco products without nicotine? Thats what gives you the buzz.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:38 PM

a cig burning will strike the deers curiosity just like campfires and any other strange scent. but keep in mind all the deer has to do is be spooked one time with you and a cig and he will associate thw scent with danger. but any odd scent is actually a good way to strike curiosity and they are very curious animals but i agree that any burning thing in the woods is an ingredient for danger.

Quick Reply: smoking cigs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.