HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Will this spook deer? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/118835-will-spook-deer.html)

mideerhunter 10-29-2005 06:45 PM

Will this spook deer?

Hello everyone, i built a new deerblind...and it was supposed to go in a area where it was heavily wooded with birch trees, so i painted it all flat black, and painted white trees on it, and outlined leaves with white paint on it to give it that birch tree look with the white and black, but i ended up not putting it in the birch trees because i found a better area....will this camo spook deer?..it is over looking a swamp, a few birch trees around, but not like before, its pretty much a mix of a lot of different, trees, or wont it matter too much since deer are colorblind?...should i just put brush up against it?...what do u suggest...deerseason is 2 weeks away and i really don't feel like getting out there and swaping my 2 heaviest blinds

timbercruiser 10-29-2005 07:01 PM

RE: Will this spook deer?

If it is that bright I would get some of the burlap camouflage from Wal-Mart and staple it to the sides.

mideerhunter 10-29-2005 07:59 PM

its not bright, i have burlap in the windows, all the paint is flat, im just wondering if they will be able to pick up the differnt colors out of the rest because the camo doesn't go along with the rest of the area very good color wise...i mean there are birch trees but not as much...its camo'd good, its just black and white camo though

Hunter06FlKy 10-29-2005 08:10 PM

if it's there long enough they won't care.

Tazman 10-29-2005 08:11 PM

How high up is the blind?

mideerhunter 10-29-2005 10:27 PM

its ground level...it has been out there about a week and about 2 1/2 weeks till deerseason...

krub6b 10-29-2005 11:00 PM

deer are color blind, and as long as it blinds in fairly well(pattern wise) the time should be sufficeint

skeeter 7MM 10-30-2005 02:00 AM

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it by the time you hunt they will be accustom to any abnormalities. The real key is movement and while they may not feel comfortable if they see no movement their alarm bell will not ring off...usually. I popped up my blind and it didn't really match the terrain at the time that evening I saw a number of deer, some looked in my direction but none were wary as they saw no reason to be alarmed.

As long as you don't impede their movements you should be AOK!

cutter81 10-30-2005 03:36 AM

Yeah it usually doesn't take but a few weeks for them to get accustom to it. By the time you hunt it they will be paying it no attention.

Hunter06FlKy 10-30-2005 11:54 AM

you may want to put a piece of burlap or something in the windows so they get used to movement inside the blind.