Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Scope won't adjust high enough! >

Scope won't adjust high enough!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scope won't adjust high enough!

Old 10-28-2005, 04:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Scope won't adjust high enough!

I just had a new scope put on my shotgun, which was supposed to be bore sighted. I went to sight it in, and at 25 yards or so hit about 4 inches lower than the plate. So I cranked it up, but I ended up turning the dial all it would go to shoot higher, and the shots are still a few inches below the plate. Do they sell rings that will lift it up or what do I do?

Thanks!
Old 10-28-2005, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scope won't adjust high enough!

What type of mounts are you using?
Old 10-28-2005, 05:46 PM

You may have to get a shim put on the base to make the proper adjustments. Check with your local sporting goods shop.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Did you test it at 50 or 100 yards? I would do that before anything else. It may shoot higher at ranges beyond 25 yards.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's not tapped, so I have that metal platethat fits over the receiver and bolts to it on both sides. I had a cheapie tasco 20 mm objective scope on it before, and replaced it with a bigger, 3x9 bushnell elite 3200. I was looking for TC rings, but BassPro didn't have any, and the guy there said my Weaver rings were fine.

I shot it at 40 yards to start off, and missed the plate low so went to 25 yards to get it on paper first.

OK Criggster, I will call BassPro or Dick's and see what they can do.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:53 PM

I have a Simmons Aetec that I am having the same problem with. I am thing about making a home made shim from a small piece of metalroof flashing and slipping it under the scope on the rear mount.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:59 AM

I would try high rise see thru mounts should get you to where you need to be and also open sights if needed.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Burris makes its Signature rings with a Pos-Align inserts. I had the same problem on a new muzzleloader this year and went to the Pos-Align system and corrected my problem. I got mine at http://www.natchezss.com.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

I will look into the Burris Pos-Align, but if I have to use a shim, shouldn't it be on the front portion of the mount so the scope sights higher?
Old 10-29-2005, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I’m not mistaken you want to lift the back with the shim.

Quick Reply: Scope won't adjust high enough!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.