Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Scope won't adjust high enough! >

Scope won't adjust high enough!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scope won't adjust high enough!

Old 10-29-2005, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Scope won't adjust high enough!

Since it isshooting low, I want it to shoot higher. Won't I want to either raise the frontor lower the back?

The guy at BassPro told me what I pretty much SHOULD do is get a cantilevered rifle barrel and attach the scope to the barrel. So let me ask you this, if I do that, the scope will go forward off the receiver and on the barrel, so will it be a problem with eye relief? Maybe there is an eye relief adjustment on the scope? Shows how much I know about scopes!
Old 10-29-2005, 08:08 AM
Typical Buck

I had the same problem last year till I noticed that the front of the scope was resting on the rear iron sight removed the sight and it fixed the problem
Old 10-29-2005, 08:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

My rear iron sight bends down, and is more than a half inch from touching the scope. Still in a quandry. Now I'll call Dick's...
Old 10-29-2005, 10:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would say that you want to raise the back. I had the same problem with one of my rifles this summer. I placed the shim stock on the back and it solved the problem. The cantilever is made so you can place the rings forward or back depending on how you would like to set the scope. As for the scope you can’t adjust the eye relief and that’s why you’re able to slide the scope in the rings
Old 10-29-2005, 10:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buckhunter3

I would try high rise see thru mounts should get you to where you need to be and also open sights if needed.
That will only make the problem worse.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:03 PM
Fork Horn

u need to shim the front of the scope up, re-bore-sight it and try again
Old 10-29-2005, 11:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: krub6b

u need to shim the front of the scope up, re-bore-sight it and try again

That will make it worse.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:19 PM
Fork Horn

How?

Raiseing the front of the scope will raise the point of impact thus making it possible for him to get the crosshairs on his point-of impact.

Old 10-29-2005, 11:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: krub6b

How?

Raiseing the front of the scope will raise the point of impact thus making it possible for him to get the crosshairs on his point-of impact.
It doesn't sound like geometry is your strong suit.You need the line of sight to intersect with the bore to sight the gun in.Now the line of sight is too high to intersect the bore.If you raise the front of the scope it will raise the line of sight even more.If you raise the rear of the scope it willmove the line of sight downward where it will intersect with the bore.The sooner the line of sight intersects the bore,the higher the point of impact will be.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I finally figured that out. Problem is I have a receiver mount plate with a "rail" the rings fit on. If I shim the back of it between the receiver and the plate, I don't believe the holes will line up to bolt on the plate.

Quick Reply: Scope won't adjust high enough!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.