Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

i must smell

Old 10-28-2005, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default i must smell

Past two times I have been out hunting I have had deer come in they dont know I am there till they get down wind of me. I do the whole nice yards wash my cloths in scent killer, before i hunt take a shower and use the scent killer soap, and I spary myself down heavy on the scent killer. Is there anything else I can do?
Old 10-28-2005, 11:48 AM

Default RE: i must smell

When a deer is down wind of you there is virtually nothing you can do to prevent them from picking up your scent, except for may be being as high in the tree as you can. Don't listen to those rediculous ad's from companies like Scent Blocker:"Forget the Wind, Just Hunt".

That's the name of the game, if deer didn't smell, it would be too easy.

Old 10-28-2005, 01:01 PM

I agree 1000000000000%.

If you can, climber higher. Maybe this will help.

"Forget the wind, just hunt". LOL. [&o]

Might as well say, "forget your bullets, just use a rock"
Old 10-28-2005, 01:04 PM

Oh yeah, are you using a scent killer or a COVER sent?

I like using scent killers. I rather smell like NOTHING. I have had great luck with Odor Nix. I have been using this scent zapper stuff that smells like dirt this week, but I think I am going to go back with Odor Nix. It is used on bodies in the morgue. I use it on all sorts of things. If you can't find it in the stores, they have a web site, just google for it.

But remember that millions of cells fall off of your body every hour, so theres no way you are going to go totally scentless.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:08 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: skidmark845

When a deer is down wind of you there is virtually nothing you can do to prevent them from picking up your scent, except for may be being as high in the tree as you can. Don't listen to those rediculous ad's from companies like Scent Blocker:"Forget the Wind, Just Hunt".

That's the name of the game, if deer didn't smell, it would be too easy.

Iusally climb 25 or 30ft with theTree Loungeand you can set off an orange smoke bomb and it never reachesground level no matter where the wind is comming from.
It goes in every direction except down.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:16 PM

Rebel, never thought about that, but isn't most of the land down in FL pretty flat? Here in SC, we have hills, so it is possible that you are 30ft in a tree and still be eye level with a deer on the next ridge.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

Those scent wafers seem to help to.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:26 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: StrutnBPS

Rebel, never thought about that, but isn't most of the land down in FL pretty flat? Here in SC, we have hills, so it is possible that you are 30ft in a tree and still be eye level with a deer on the next ridge.
Yes, very true! Good point!
Old 10-28-2005, 01:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Shave your arm pits
Old 10-28-2005, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

wash with soap and WATER and i have been meaning to tell you about that odor

Quick Reply: i must smell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.