Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

moultrie ditigal camera

Old 10-10-2005, 08:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: moultrie ditigal camera

A link to the picture quality review from my Moultrie test.

http://www.whitetaildeer-management-and-hunting.com/moultrie-picture-quality.html

Old 10-11-2005, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear that pic quality sux. Hate to say it, but you get what you pay for. Don't mean any disrespect by it, but that's the god honest truth. I was thinking of getting a Moultrie digital for $100 up until last week. It would be nice to see some deer, but then again, I might as well do it right the 1st time and get a better game cam.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:52 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

We now have 2 down on the farm with the memory cards. The tenant will be mailing me the cards regularly cause they don't have a reader for the cards.
You can get this for $20:
Flash reader
It would allow them to download the pics from the cam and then download them to a PC for e-mailing to you .
Old 10-11-2005, 07:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Our picture results look like the last two pics on snoogsdad's review page. It looks like the rest of the review pics were taken with the camera pointed to the sun.

What kind of results are others getting as to pic quality?
Old 10-11-2005, 07:23 AM

I have been putting my cam on the High res stting and the pics turn out great. I will say that it has limited range but I'm still happy with it. If my computer wasn't blocked by the admin at work I would load a few and show you my pics. I have been nothing but happy with the pics/movies I been getting.

another note. While reading the latest issue of NAW I looked at the cuddeback ad on the inside of the front cover. Its the ad that shows the cud. is quicker than the other cams. Notice the time on the cudd. it says 11:11 while the time on the moultrie is at 11:21. Now did someone mis-set the time, or did I catch them doing a shady test?
Old 10-11-2005, 08:05 AM
Typical Buck

SNOOGSDAD'S PICS LOOK SO BADLY WASHED OUT BECAUSE THE CAMERA IS TOO CLOSE IT LOOKS LIKE ITS 2 FEET FROM THE DEER IF HE BACKED IT AWAY A LITTLE FURTHER FROM THE FEEDER THEY WOULDNT GET SO WASHED OUT. THAT THE ONLY TIME MY PICS COME WASHED OUT IS WHEN THE DEER IS DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE CAMERA
Old 10-11-2005, 02:01 PM

I've used the camera now for about a month. I'm not having any problems with the quality of the pictures. In fact, I've been quite impressed with the pics. I am using a 256 memory chip and have it set for high quality.

I have, however, had problems with the battery life. I'm not even getting a week out of a brand new battery. I am thinking about trying to solar panel. Does anyone have experience with these? especially on well they actually work?
Old 10-11-2005, 08:31 PM
Fork Horn

In my tests the camera was not pointing into the sun and all of the pictures on the Moultrie review page were from the same location. Pointing the camera into the sun definitely affects the pictures and I would not give it a bad grade for what the sun does.

The camera was on the high resolution setting.

The camera was about 10 feet away from the center of the feeder and some of the worst pictures are when the deer are closer, but that is part of the point. Real close pictures with a good camera are real good pictures, not washed out.

I try to do everything I can to not bias the results, I couldn't care less what camera does good or bad. My interest is just trying to provide a resource for people to compare the different cameras.

I would be delighted if one of the cheap cameras would equal the quality of the more expensive ones but I have not found one yet. When and if I do it will be in the review.

A little over a year ago I was looking for this kind of information and couldn't find it so I decided to do it myself. The more cameras I can test the better the results will be but those things get expensive after you have a few of them.

Happy picture taking,
John
Old 10-11-2005, 10:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

10-4 there snoogsdad.

It seems that most of the folks posting here like their Moultries for their inended purposes.

wvvet......

I just ordered the solar panels today. should arrive 19th @ the farm. Give me a week or so after that and I'll let you know how they work. The'll be set up with the rechargeable batteries.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:33 AM

had problems with the battery life
I'm using the cheap batt. from walmart and I have been getting a months use at a time out of it. I probably havn't took as many pics as some but with ave. use it has lasted a month or better every time.

Quick Reply: moultrie ditigal camera

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.