Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Are we Losing our Young Hunters? >

Are we Losing our Young Hunters?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Are we Losing our Young Hunters?

Old 10-03-2005, 07:52 PM

Default Are we Losing our Young Hunters?

Hey Ya'll,

If there was ever any doubt that hunters are the good guys, just check out the Conservation Buck Society. Spearheaded by countrysinger Gary Morris, CBS promotes hunting land preservation and youth hunting. Both issues are critical to the future of our great way of life.

The Conservation Buck Socety is promoting the Conservation Buck Challenge, a contest for the biggest catch in Miss. and Tenn for the 05/06 hunting season. Please support this effort by checking out
www.conservationbucksociety.com and be in the running to win a new truck, a hunting buggy, or hunting trips aroud the country.

Thanks and God bless
Old 10-04-2005, 04:47 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Are we Losing our Young Hunters?

We are losing them , and at an alarming rate . Face it , we're going head to head with Playstation and losing . [&o]
Old 10-04-2005, 05:59 PM

Well I know you sure as hell arent losin me. Im 15 and ive loved hunting and guns about my whole life. Im thinkin about starting a hunting club in my school. But i dont know how schools feel about hunting.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:16 PM

i don't think so seeing as im 14 and can't wait to get out in the woods this year. Hunting is one of the most exciting things I have done.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

It is a fact, the average age of hunters is getting older every year.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

I went to a meeting of landowners, hunters and the Game and Fish dept. We are loosing hunters. Both older and younger hunters. The game and fish says hunting license sales are down by 30-35 percent over the last decade. The reasons are many but leading the list is the growing age of the hunter population. Older sportsmen keep fishing because it less rigoris but quit hunting as it gets to be to much work. The second reason is the divorce rate. God bless the mothers who are trying to raise kids on their own but They are not as apt to help the children get into hunting and its usually the mother who is in charge of the kids. The high cost of hunting and leases and loss of habitat is hurting all hunters.

Any program that helps hunting in any way should be of interest to all of us. Lets see what we can do to help not JUST younger hunters but maybe we can help some of the older hunters stay afield for a few extra seasons. I am 62 and it gets a little harder each year. I hope some of the younger hunter who I helped as youngsters will return the favor in years to come when I can't drag a deer back to the truck and get it loaded. Good Luck to all this season.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:56 PM

you guys are absolutely right we are losing hunters. there are too many toys for kids nowadays. also we continue to lose land and the land we have continues to rise in price. i'm 18 years old and i know i will always hunt, i dont know what i would do without it. not only will i hunt but i will help my dad and all of the other older people that helped me along the way whenever they need it. hopefully someday i can introduce my kids to hunting too.i know my dad cherishes those first few times he took me hunting and he would still rather see me get a deer than him.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:16 PM

ORIGINAL: kevin1

We are losing them , and at an alarming rate . Face it , we're going head to head with Playstation and losing . [&o]
You arent even kidding alot kids that I know stay inside and play on the computer games or their playstation games. I encourage them to get outside but they never do. I just shake my head at these kids because they dont even realize what they are missing.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

well you haven't lost me!!!!!kids these days would most certainly rather play computer and video games. hunting and being outdoors is my favorite thing to do in life. i kinda doubt you'll be loosing me.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:26 PM

Hunting and I go hand-in-hand. I'm 16 and have been hunting since age 10. I tell my parents every day that I'd rather go fishing or hunting than stay at home and play games on my XBox. The outdoors is just too much of a beautiful and pristine thing to pass up. Other than family, there is nothing in the world I love more than the outdoors. The smell of the crisp air in the morning, the scenery, the experiences, all of it. I love it. I am and will be a hunter until the day I die and I look forward (hopefully) to a long and happy life of many great outdoor experiences. But it is hard living in Chicago because of the so-called "city-boys" who would rather play on the computer or watch TV all day than go outside in real nature and just enjoy it. My grandfathers are outdoorsman, my father is an outdoorsman, I am an outdoorsman and if God blesses me with a boy of my own, he sure as hell will be an outdoorsman too.

Quick Reply: Are we Losing our Young Hunters?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.