Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Are we Losing our Young Hunters? >

Are we Losing our Young Hunters?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Are we Losing our Young Hunters?

Old 10-27-2005, 02:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Are we Losing our Young Hunters?

ORIGINAL: cardeer
No youths around here hunt.
they all busy on the puter and skateboarding
I've seen that too around here. It is often a product of the age old "blue laws" NO SUNDAY HUNTING ruling that is in the mid-atlantic states and up in PA and CT, MA, etc...

Nowadays kids have school work, soccer games, marching band practice, on saturdays.... You tell me when they can hunt!Down around this way, they can't! Virginia still has the ridiculous NO SUNDAY HUNTING rule. [:@] More kids would be willing to go hunting on a Sundayright after church, if they were given the opportunity - how much you wanna bet?

Anyway, yes, I agree... Sadly, we are losing the younger hunters at an alarming rate. So much so, that the hunting shows on OLN and ESPN2 and stuff are always saying, "Takea kid hunting".
Old 10-27-2005, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

well i'm doing my part. This young lady and I were new to hunting last year. My hunting party consists of me , my daughter, my friend and his daughter (both girls 13). They are travel soccer players but love to hunt and shoot.
The funny thing is that the boys at school just think that its' the coolest thing that they hunt.

Last years youth day deer. This saturday is this years

Old 10-27-2005, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

Sure as heck ain't losing me either. I was hooked before I could even shoot a deer.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:47 PM

well im 16 and i no alot of people my age and younger that hunt around here. next year i might try and get my brother into the woods for his first hunt.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:13 AM
Fork Horn

Here's one more that ain't lost.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:48 AM

We're not losing kids we're good parents.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:05 PM

i'm 17 started hunting last year just on my own Bowhunting. got a good deer but the property got lease for more money then i even have and it's 20 acres. i need more good places to hunt. nearest public hunting land is 1 hour that is 25 dollar a hunt
Old 10-29-2005, 10:34 PM
Fork Horn

I'm 16, and besides just a few of my friends, I'm the only one who gun hunts, and I'm basically one of 3 that bow hunt. Is it bad? Maybe not, some people just pick that stuff up later in life than others.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:52 AM

hell, i'm grown and still play video games, but it doesn't even come close to hunting. I would much rather be hunting than playingvideogames, any day of the week, no matter what the weather
Old 10-30-2005, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

I'm 16 and I live for deer season. There is nothing that I'd rather be doing than watching the sunrise or sunset in my treestand. Nothing will get your heart beating faster than seeing a giant buck chasing a doe or hearing a turkey gobble in the distance. I will admit it that I have a playstation and I never touch it. One reason why I think kids don't hunt is that their too busy with school and then afterschool activities. In the summer I fish. I'll get one of my fishing buddies and well go out all afternoon and fish, now I got a boat so this summer we can go fishing in it!

Quick Reply: Are we Losing our Young Hunters?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.