Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

BUSTED BAITING!!!!

Old 09-30-2005, 03:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: BUSTED BAITING!!!!

I THINK WHEN SOMEONE BREAKS THE LAW LIKE HUNTING OVER BAIT A LOT OF TIMES IT IS BROUGHT ON BY PIER PREASURE ... UNLIKE SOME SAINTS IN HEREI CAN'T SAY THAT I HAVE NEVER DONE ANYTHING ILLEGAL WHILE HUNTING BUT ONCE I GOT SOME HUNTING EDUCATION (EXPERIENCE) AND FINALLY TOOK A DEER AND GOT THAT MONKEE OFF MY BACK I DECIDED THERE WAS MORE TO HUNTING THEN JUST THE KILL ... IM SURE YOUR COUSIN WILL LEARN THIS TO ..ONE WAY OR ANOTHER ...

DD
ROLL TIDE

Old 09-30-2005, 03:39 PM
Typical Buck

since were sort of on the subject i would like to ask a question i posted a while back that didn't get much response.IF BAIT IS ILLEGAL IN ILLINOIS THEN WHY IS IT EVERY YEAR ABOUT A MONTH BEFORE BOW SEASON DO ALL THE STORES STOCKPILE THIS STUFF? WHO IS BUYING IT. ITS LIKE TELLING A TEENAGER HE CANT DRINK BEER THEN GIVING HIM A KEGER AND TURNING YOUR BACK
Old 09-30-2005, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: s. il. hntr

since were sort of on the subject i would like to ask a question i posted a while back that didn't get much response.IF BAIT IS ILLEGAL IN ILLINOIS THEN WHY IS IT EVERY YEAR ABOUT A MONTH BEFORE BOW SEASON DO ALL THE STORES STOCKPILE THIS STUFF? WHO IS BUYING IT. ITS LIKE TELLING A TEENAGER HE CANT DRINK BEER THEN GIVING HIM A KEGER AND TURNING YOUR BACK

Same here. Every year, Walmart puts out the Deer Corn with the hunting supplies. I've seen guys the night befoer gun season starts up there buying bullets, a license and corn all at the same time.

Old 09-30-2005, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

EVEN IF THE WARDEN DOESN'T PINCH ANYONE FOR THE OFFENCE OF HUNTING OVER THE BAIT, THEY WILL BEGIN OTHER ATTEMPTS TO GET SOMEONE. THEY WILL DID EARLY MORNING OR END OF DAY RAIDS TO CHECK FOR UNCASED GUNS OR OTHER OFFENCE. IF THEY CAN'T GET PROOF FOR ONE CHARGE, THEY WILL FOCUS ON GETTING SOMEONE SOMEHOW. I'VE HEARD OF THIS HAPPENING FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED THIS FIRST HAND. EVEN IF YOU DON'T GET THE CHARGE, HOW WILL YOUR MATES FEEL ABOUT GETTING HARRASSED BECAUSE OF YOU. NOT TO MENTION WITH ALL THOSE OTHER HUNTERS, ONCE THE SEASON STARTS, ALL THAT BAITING GOES TO WASTE WHEN THE PATTERNS CHANGE. IS THE BENEFIT WORTH HOW YOU WILL BE TREATED BY YOUR CO-HUNTERS AND SUPPOSED FRIENDS AFTERWARDS?

Old 09-30-2005, 07:54 PM

Law doesn't say it's illegal to put it out.....just to hunt over it. The guy that put it out has done nothing illegal, but the guy hunting it has.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, here it’s illegal to use bait for hunting big game excluding black bear. We cannot hunt within 800 meters (yards) from the bait so even if someone else placed the bait and if you’re caught within that distance specified you will be charged.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:06 PM

everybody is a saint when it comes to hunting
Old 10-01-2005, 07:30 PM

Will this information be on my states DNR website?
Old 10-01-2005, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Greetings from the People's Republic Of Kalifornia![:'(] I don't know about other states, but in Ca.if you poach an animal they will not only fine you, but confinscate "all implements" used to obtain the animal. This includes the vehicle used to transport the animal. Tell your cousin he might be risking a lot more than he thinks. Not to mention giving fuel to the "Anti-hunting" crowd.

In regards to baiting, it is illegal to USE it, not to sell, buy, or possess it. Companies have been capitalizing on loop holes like that for years. Unfortunately, we as consumers are providing the demand for the product. If nobody was using the product, they wouldn't offer it. It's the same thing as illegal weapons or modifications to weapons. Companies can sell the illegal product, you can legally buy it in many circumstances, but you may not POSSESSit. Sounds retarded, but you might be surprised at how many products you can legally buy, but not legally possess!

And yes, Federal law requires that every state provide "reasonable access" to that state's laws. Every state I know of has put the info on their websites. Just gotta sort through them.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

good im not the onlyperson who calls on freinds/family

Quick Reply: BUSTED BAITING!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.