Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

being married and hunting

Old 09-28-2005, 04:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: being married and hunting

OK REB I GET IT NOW ...YOUR WIFE INTRODUCED YOU TO "THE FINGER" ...MINE DID THAT THE DAY AFTER WE GOT MARRIED ...

ROLL TIDE
DD

Old 09-28-2005, 04:50 PM
Dominant Buck

Old 09-29-2005, 09:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: sagers

I am a single female and am also hoping to find a guy who likes to hunt and fish and will not give me a hard time when I want to!! Good luck to both of us!!!
WELL IF YOU GOT A BASS BOAT ... 4 WHEELER AND DON'T DIP SNUNFF OR CHEW RED MAN I MIGHT KNOW JUST THE GUY FOR YOU ..

ROLL TIDE
DD

Old 09-29-2005, 09:39 AM

my wife has been great about hunting. But she knew the day she met me that hunting is one of the top if not the top priority in my life (don't have kids or anything). Occasionally she gets a little cranky but she is a trooper 99% of the time.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:47 AM

I do have a fishing boat - sorry, I sold the 4 wheeler -and I don't chew tobacco.....but I love football and he would have to let me watch that!
Old 09-29-2005, 11:27 AM

I'm one of the lucky fellows here too. I happen to love anything that fires a projectile. On the first date my wife and I ever had, I received my 1/4 scale replica of a british 24pounder cannon! It was in the back seat of the truck when I picked her up! She thought it was cool... we talked about my past times right there and then. She also grew up with hunters in her family, and she loves camping. So, now I'm still trying to convince her to come shooting with me, but she's not too fond of the idea. Some distant relative lost his marbles and attacked another family member with a firearm, so I'm not holding my breath. Anyways, on day one I told her who and what I'm all about and there's only so much time to enjoy our sport...she promised never to get in the way of what I like, but I should have got that in writing!
Old 09-29-2005, 11:58 AM

Wow, I guess I am one of those lucky guys.

My wife grew up in a hunting /camping family. She loves to camp but until last season tolerated my hunting and threw an absolute fit on major purchases.

All that changed the day I invited her out to watch our son (black lab) work some quail. While she never pulled the trigger, she said she had one of the best times ever out in the filed. Her heart was going a mile a minute every time we jumped a covey. All the money spent on training and on hunting made sense to her. What a change !

This year I was drawn for my first serious Mule Deer hunt in, of all places, The Kaibab ( Can I get a "WOOOHOO?" . I went down and ordered my rifle, going easy on the checkbook. One day I came home, and there was a picture of my rifle. Apparently she had some cookie jar money, called the gunstore and paid for the rifle as a present to me, saying that she knew how important this hunt was to me.!

My real passion is duck hunting (partly because we dont get drawn a lot for big game here). I only missed two weekends last season andit runs 107 days.

This year, she wants to join me for a duck hunt but doesn't want to shoot. I'm borrowingan extra layout blind and putting her in camo and waders. I'll call "take em" just like I do when out with boys, and she has to pop out of the blind too. I'll let her release the dog to retrieve the duck. Heck, I think she is more pumped up about openers next week than I am.And I am downright giddy !

Yep, God Bless my wife. I have a keeper !
Old 09-29-2005, 12:15 PM

i also am single and will not date a man unless he is an outdoorsman - i want to go hunting/fishing/crabbing and hiking... when i want to, not when it is convienent for him... i will take my son and go with out him - no problem here!
Old 09-29-2005, 12:23 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Let them know from the start that you hunt and fish, and you'll not stop. I'm married for forty years and have no problems, even when the three kids were born. Rich
Old 09-29-2005, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats right Rak break her in right from the start. Hunt every opportunity you get right from the biginning. My wife is a blue blood from Boston but I laid down the law from the biginning I don't hang out in bars run around some stupid golf course or bowl. I hunt. It was a little tough at first but she got used to it. So its been 33 years now. And another little tip is plan the birth of your kids away from hunting season cause thats another guilt trip they put you on. So have kids in June not Oct. or Nov. And like me tell your kids the same thing when it comes time for the grand kids. Mike

Quick Reply: being married and hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.