Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Quality affordable scope?

Old 10-01-2002, 09:52 AM

Default Quality affordable scope?

I shoot a 270 bolt action. I have a 3x9 Redfield scope. It was a good scope at the time, but some of the new ones are so much clearer and have other features. I like the Leopold scopes, but they are awfully expensive. Can anyone recommend a good quality scope and a more reasonable price?
Old 10-01-2002, 11:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Quality affordable scope?

Not sure what price range you have, but the Nikon Monarch is a very good scope that is not in the higher prices.

Old 10-01-2002, 01:04 PM

Nikon and Burris are ones that come to mind. People will argue about leopold VX1 and VX11. They are also good scopes.
Old 10-01-2002, 10:46 PM

I would buy a bushnell trophy .Its a good scope for the price ,its waterproof,fogproof and shockproof 3x9 under a hundred bucks..
Old 10-01-2002, 11:03 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I would buy a bushnell trophy .Its a good scope for the price ,its waterproof,fogproof and shockproof 3x9 under a hundred bucks..
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

I agree with this statement, I have been used a Bushnell for many years. When it was bought 15yrs. ago it was a good deal and it still hangs with the rest of them. Bushnell is still offering good products at reonable prices.

KEEP HUNTING THE GREAT OUTDOORS & GOD ALIVE, PASS IT ON!
Old 10-02-2002, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

My dad and I both have Simmons Prohunter 3-9 scopes. I like them a lot. They have nice sized recitle, their clear and affordable. $100-$200.
Old 10-02-2002, 09:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bushnell Elite series.

Old 10-02-2002, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

270...for the $ the Nikon Buckmaster is actually a very good scope(around $200). Very clear. Also like you said, the Leupold's are hard to beat. And actually the VXII is not that expensive,(mid $200's) and very nice. If you really want quality, you will have to pay for it...or you WON'T get it. But...that doesn't mean you have to spend $500 or more to get it. Personally I'd stay away from anything less than $200...you get what you pay for. Most folks think they have a good scope, until they actually get one...I know I did. Plus, if you are like me, you'll end up getting a good one anyhow, so might as well do it now.

Old 10-02-2002, 10:26 PM

Bushnell Trophy is not a bad choice. I have two and they have won my confidence. My next choice would be a Weaver V series. Natchezs has the V9 for around 130.00.
Old 10-03-2002, 12:00 AM
Fork Horn

http://www.samplelist.com/

check out the Bushnell Elite 3200

Quick Reply: Quality affordable scope?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.