Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting does?

Old 09-19-2005, 07:42 PM

Default Hunting does?

I have a place whare I am welcomed to hunt during our expanded archery season when ever I want to. All I'm allowed to shoot is does. Is there any good methods to hunt does besides finding a food source?

Thanks ahead of time.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting does?

mainly stick to the food sources. also don't overlook doe bedding area's or funnels.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:00 PM

Contrary to what we have been engrained to believe, I feel that hunting does is far more difficult than huntinga buck. I know, having said that, many would disagree, however, the most difficult thing in hunting a buck is being in the area at the right time and that they are there in the first place. A female deer is far more alert and aware of her surroundings 365/24/7! Bucks get "stupid" during the rut, which is why most people choose to concentrate their hunting time around that time period. If you get winded by a buck he will usually turn around and leave the area...get busted by a doe...she will alert every deer in that area...high-tail it out of there...and every deer will certainly follow. Back to my point. To hunt does, or any deer for that matter...concentrate on funnels and travel routes between bedding and feeding areas...but most importantly...water sources. As with all living things, water is 1st on the list of basic needs to survive...all animals will drink from a water source, when available, sometime during the day. Then play they wind to your favor and keep your scent to a minimum! Good luck.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

HUNT THE MAIN TRIALS LEADING TO WATER OR FOOD ....

ROLL TIDE
DD

Old 09-19-2005, 08:04 PM

I agree with WHACKABUCK 110%.

Does only seem "easier to kill" because they are less pressured. Pressure a doe like we do bucks and see how many are "easy to kill". Besides, who do you think teaches a buck how to survive?
Old 09-19-2005, 08:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Doc, you need to get a good picture of Prothro's catch and use it. It has to be the most amazing catch, pro or college, I have ever seen.

ROLL TIDE
Old 09-19-2005, 09:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

A female deer is far more alert and aware of her surroundings 365/24/7! Bucks get "stupid" during the rut, which is why most people choose to concentrate their hunting time around that time period. If you get winded by a buck he will usually turn around and leave the area...get busted by a doe...she will alert every deer in that area...high-tail it out of there...and every deer will certainly follow.
not to mention a lot of times there is more than one deer standing there, have five does come up feeding by and try to get drawn on one of them, one head starts to the ground two heads and 4 eyespop up[:@]
Old 09-20-2005, 02:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Set up near a walmart sign
Old 09-20-2005, 05:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

TIMBER YOUR RIGHT ....

ROLL TIDE
DD

Old 09-20-2005, 03:50 PM
Spike

Early in the season like this, does bed close to food sources. Since you're asking for a method other than looking for food sources, James Valley makes Doe Lure which works real well. I have to tell you though, I would use it by a food source!

Quick Reply: Hunting does?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.