Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Gun racks for new ATV?

Old 09-19-2005, 06:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default Gun racks for new ATV?

thought i would seek your opinion. I have tried a few, but don't recall the brand in each case. I prefer handlebar mounted, but will consider others. Unfortunately, some I have tried either twisted on the handlebars, were too flimsy and the gun fell out or were just inflexible junk.

have you found any that you would recommend? I have a 05 rancher 350 with metal racks.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Gun racks for new ATV?

I really can't recommend any particular one. From what I see out there, if I were to BUY one I would get one of the hardcase ones with the pivot mount like I see in Cabela's.

My problem is that I want something that can carry 2-3 guns securely. It would be really helpful when pulling guys in & out of the woods and fields. Ya know - "rack riders". With guys (or dead deer) riding the racks, I can't put anything there.

I am going to put something together myself, probobly mount off right side of rear rack for 2-3 shotguns. Still in design stage with a couple sketches, but I do want it completed for this year's season. I will post up pictures as things get moving. Material pics, fab pics, finish pics, etc.....

Old 09-20-2005, 05:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Gun racks for new ATV?

A friend of mine knows a guy who had one of those racks on his handlebars that is like 2 U's or clamps that hold the rifles. Anyway, he was riding around his hunting lease and somehow flipped and the rifle holder went into his eye and he lost it. (the eye, not the holder).

I like those gun scabbords that mount on the side. Seems to protect the gun better too.