Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scent Zapper - Real Dirt

Old 09-13-2005, 05:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default Scent Zapper - Real Dirt

Hey guys, I dont know how many of you have used this stuff.....Its real cheap at Wal-Mart....like $2.50 for a 12.oz spray bottle.....When I was in the store I sprayed some of it and I was amazed at the smell....It seriously reminds me of when I had been digging or something and had that moist soil on my hands and you can smell it....I think it was absolutely amazing in how much it just smelled like dirt/mud.....Have any of you guys used it while hunting?
Old 09-13-2005, 06:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Scent Zapper - Real Dirt

Wonder if you would smell like a hunter that was digging in moist dirt?
Old 09-13-2005, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

What smeels like dirt to you might smell like 4 different chemicals to a deer.
Animals have very sensitive noses, dogs can be trained to pick out one specific chemical out of 10 mixed together. I quit using scents when I noticed a pattern of being smelled out. To me they are a gimmick and actually get you busted.
But hey to each his own.
You really ought to get into naturals scents. Take a trash bag and when you get tothe place you are gonna be hunting, cut natural foilage and put that and your clothes into the trash bag, do this every time you get back from your blind or stand and put them on when you go back out again. another thingI always do is cut the tarsil glands off the first deer that is shot and ty themto my boot, also take the urine from the first deer shot and put that on your clothes or pant legs.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:20 PM
Typical Buck

Take a trash bag and when you get to the place you are gonna be hunting, cut natural foilage and put that and your clothes into the trash bag, do this every time you get back from your blind or stand and put them on when you go back out again.
I actually just did that last week.....also boiled some up and filtered it into a spray bottle....I just figured, Ill try both things, and see what happens...
Old 09-13-2005, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think the ground smells like dirt and that doesn't stop them from smelling where I or another animal steps. My footstep or another animals footstep leaves no odor at all as far as we can tell but the deer can smell it on the very strong smelling ground with no problem. Cover scent doesn't work. Can't cover one scent with another. Animals are on another level when it comes to scent.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

That boil thing mentioned here. . . I do that myself and have for some time. I take leaves that have already fallen, some grass cuttings,some bark, and any fallen nuts (acorns). Boil it slow for about and hour, filter it and use it. Depending where I will hunt I will do this with pine also. I think it is just as good as anything else.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh wait. . . then I travel the streets and pick up dog poop and rub that on me to![:-][:@]
Old 09-14-2005, 11:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

I tend to prefer to be scent-free as opposed to applying a cover scent. However, several friends use earth-scented sprays or wafers and they seem to have relatively good luck with them. The prices you quoted seem relatively reasonable. I might have to give one a try.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I began using scent zapper last year and i have never had deer come in so close to me as i have in previous years using any other products. I stopped using attractants when I started using this product. Ive never seen a product work like they claim, untill using Scent Zapper Real Dirt cover scent. I give this product 100 thuimbs up!!! Its Awsome!!!!!
Old 09-16-2005, 06:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hunt in north Alabama and the best cover scent I have found is made by a company called "SureKill" .... I like to use their ceder scent becasue here we have ceder trees most everywhere ... they also make a pine scent ... now I know there is a ton of these scents out there but after 25 years of bow hunting thses have worked great for me ...

Rolllll Tide
DD

Quick Reply: Scent Zapper - Real Dirt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.