Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

why I hunt

Old 09-06-2005, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default why I hunt

Why do I hunt? For some people to get that monster buck. Dont get me wrong yes I would love to shoot that buck of a life time. For me its being out in the woods enjoying nature. Just being out there at first light watching the sunrise and the woods coming to life.The evenings are as good. The endof other hunting day. You maybe empty handed, but you think there is always the next time. You just thank God that he has created something so cool. You just stop and think to yourself. More people should just stop and look around enjoy what nature has to give to us.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:10 AM

Default RE: why I hunt

I hunt for a lot of reasons.

To me, there is nothing more peaceful than sitting in the stand. Away from work, school, people, and problems. Gives me time to think and often catch up on some sleep. LOL.

I love that moment right at day light, when the sun is orange and all frosted landscape starts to glitter. The moment when everything in the woods gets quite. I like seeing all of my hard work pay off.

Very few things get my heart pumpin' like a gobble at first day light during the Spring. Or a buck grunt off in the distance.

I hunt for the challenge and the chase. I hunt for the meat. I hunt for a wall deceration. I just love all aspects of it.

Old 09-06-2005, 09:27 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: deerhunter1224

Why do I hunt? For some people to get that monster buck. Dont get me wrong yes I would love to shoot that buck of a life time. For me its being out in the woods enjoying nature. Just being out there at first light watching the sunrise and the woods coming to life.The evenings are as good. The endof other hunting day. You maybe empty handed, but you think there is always the next time. You just thank God that he has created something so cool. You just stop and think to yourself. More people should just stop and look around enjoy what nature has to give to us.
DITTO!
Old 09-06-2005, 10:07 AM
Fork Horn

same as above. also to share a special bond with family and friends. also makes ya feel good knowing that you harvested the food you get to eat. its a way of life here,not just a sport!
Old 09-06-2005, 11:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hunt because it is a part of my being. It is not an escape, it is not to enjoy nature. I provide food for myself and others, and take self satisfaction in an accomplishment when game is taken.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

It gives me a chance to go back to my roots. There is no phone, no appointments, no computer, no office, no nagging women, no work, nobody but me. You get to watch the most beautiful sunrises, count the leaves falling off the trees, hear the sound of the morning dew dripping from the trees. It's all about the little things. Hearing the spit and drum of a turkey. Watching a coyote pup chase butterflies. Watching a pileated woodpecker for an hour. Hearing a liveelk bugle for the first time. Most people never take the time toexperience that stuff.

It's about getting out and climbing the mountain. It's facing your fear in the pitch black of night. It's about the adrenaline rush of hearing a suspicious crack in the brush. It'sabout getting soaked in a terrible rainstorm and coming home skunked and hungry.It's about spending countless hours before and during the season preparingand it all coming down to a split-second decision, a shot, and a kill. It's about feeling human. Most people never get a chance to feel human.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:15 PM

I hunt for the same reason I fish. It's my therapy. Between stresses at work, dealing with my two young sons at home, etc., I need time away from it all. So to make my way to my stand in early morning darkness and enjoy a nice sunrise and a day in the woods, it's well worth it mentally and physically. I only bring my bow with me because if I didn't people would end up questioning why I walk into the woods and sit in a tree for 4 hours at a time!! haha!

Look, I hunt because I need to get away, it's a challenge, I like nature, etc. Dropping a deer is just a bonus!
Old 09-17-2005, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im closer to gods plan , livin off the land, taking care of my family....Bowhunting is a trip back in time...PRIMITVE
Old 09-17-2005, 04:32 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: heeze gutshot shortee

Im closer to gods plan , livin off the land, taking care of my family....Bowhunting is a trip back in time...PRIMITVE
Just a good ole boy!