Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

VOTE ON IMPORTANT NEW FORUM?

Old 09-06-2005, 06:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default VOTE ON IMPORTANT NEW FORUM?

I emailed the powers to be some time ago but got no response; so I thought is important enough to bring up the subject here.

I proposed that there be a new forum established to discuss and exchange info/ideas regarding the diseases that are threatening our deer herds like bluetongue, CWD, etc..

I do not believe we, as the "keepers of the herds" should not sit on our hands and "see what happens". I don't think that any of us want to see our herds decimated. I do think that many, many of us want to do what we can to help.

And in order to help in the most efficient ways, we must be educated. This would be the intent of a possible new forum, maybe titled something like "Deer Biology".

I would like to hear if others think this subject is important enough for a new forum. I mean we have classifieds for collectables. If we are into "antiques" (collectibles) we should definately be into conservation, right?

What do you others think?
Old 09-06-2005, 07:32 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: VOTE ON IMPORTANT NEW FORUM?

thats a great idea Matt. CWD is creeping down Illinois as we speak...i think it would be a good forum to inform about what is happening and educate people on what these diseases are, and what they do. GREAT THINKING!!
Old 09-06-2005, 10:16 AM
Dominant Buck

DITTO! 10-4
Old 09-06-2005, 10:31 AM
Fork Horn

i dont know that much about deer biology but a forum such as this would be a good idea just to help us as hunters better manage our resourse.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:10 AM

I THINK THAT IS A GREAT IDEA... YOU GOT MY VOTE.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Why not just keep the discussion about diseased in the Deer Hunting forum? It is directly important to deer hunting and can be included. I personally think there are too many overlapping forums already.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

I vote against the new forum.

You can talk about that stuff in any of the other forums, you don't need a special forum to discuss deer diseases. Secondly, the vast majority of our posters aren't qualified to discuss bovine and cervid diseases, so virtually nobody would visit the forum. If you find an article that is relevant, you can link to it from the deer hunting forum. Maybe I'm wrong here, but such a forum would be a ghost-town, and the subject matter can be discussed in several of the other forums available.

We can't just keep making new forums for every possible topic, it's counter-productive. If your goal is to disseminate CWD information, you're best-served to broadcast it in the general forums where us guys who aren't in-the-know can read it. If you make a separate Blue Tongue forum, the general populous won't go in there, and the information goes to waste.

I agree with your goals, it is very important that we spend more time talking about this stuff, but I think it's counterproductive to do it in an isolated forum.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think where it's deer related, it should stay in the deer forum. Because of the large number of existing forums, posting in the deer forum would give it better chance to warrant a reply...just my .02....
Old 09-06-2005, 05:09 PM
Typical Buck

you got my vote also. i dont know alot about cwd, and i know even less about blue tongue. reason for not putting it on any existing forum is that a post could/would grow very long and noone would read through the whole thing
Old 09-06-2005, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Iv sent alot of emails to the "powers" and didnt get responses dont feel bad. I vote for it too.

Quick Reply: VOTE ON IMPORTANT NEW FORUM?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.