Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
question for all (please read) >

question for all (please read)

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

question for all (please read)

Old 09-27-2002, 07:41 PM

Default question for all (please read)

Im 37 years old and have been hunting one thing or another since i was 7. my dad always told me if you kill it, plan on eating it. there for, no skunks or possems died on my account .last season ,after 14 years of marriage, my wife informed me she was tired of being a hunting widow and she to wanted to hunt. so, I bought her a 30/30 win, which I might say ,she is a damn good shot and the best hunting buddy I have ever had. she listens very well and soaks up knowledge like a sponge .some friends of mine dont think hunting is for women. I my self dont see it that way .I used to be on a mission and very pissed off if I didnt come home with the critter i was after. she has shown me some thing too, to stop and enjoy each moment and not stress on NOT being successful. Now I enjoy hunting with my new buddy more than ever. does any one elses wife hunt?? and whats your thoughts on women hunters??
Old 09-27-2002, 08:30 PM

Default RE: question for all (please read)

Your a very lucky man to have a wife that enjoys the same sport as you. I have tried to get my wife in the woods with me, but she just isn't intersted. My wife is VERY understanding most of the time and lets me do my thing. But I would love to have her in the stand with me. I see no difference whether it is a man or woman, just as long as they enjoy the sport and respect the animals.

Old 09-27-2002, 09:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am one of those guys, who believes and know his wife is his best friend. Before kids, she use to come when it was seasonal out, she loved it...asked a lot of questions but still really enjoyable. My wife is like you were however, can't understand why I don't shoot the buck and wait for the ever bigger deer. We had the fortune of sharing a special moment in the outdoors 6 years ago, when I tagged a big Mulie we had been scouting and hunting hard for several months. She than saw the reason for me waiting for the right 'critter'. It was the best hunt of my life to date. She will never hunt and that is b/c she doesn't like the recoil or to actually kill. But she always watches me cape and helps butcher...so we share a bit still.

By far I thank the big man, for sending my a wife who shares my dreams and supports my passion.

Good for you gutpyle, you make sure she knows how you feel about her, being your number 1 hunting partner!

Edited by - Skeeter 7mm on 09/27/2002 22:57:15
Old 09-27-2002, 10:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I don't have a wife, so I can't comment there. But one thing I've learned is i would rather hunt with men than women. I've took my mother hunting a couple times. She can shoot a gun fairly good, but geez, women just aren't as tough as guys, period! About 4 or 5 years ago I took my mother hunting. I put her up in my best stand. But the January day on the flat Kansas Terrain was too much for her. It was snowing with a foot or two on the ground and wind chill below zero. After 2 hours she came back almost crying to my stand because she was cold. She had to heavy pair of gloves on and I had one normal pair on and here she was crying to me. And even when I've bird hunted with them, if they walk through tall thick CRP, it'll take them forever, and when I hunt pheasants, I always walk fast, so they birds don't run. Maybe I do take hunting to seriously and need a woman to calm me down. Or maybe not... LOL
Visit My Hunting Page
Old 09-28-2002, 02:42 AM

My wife doesn't hunt with me, but she does go scouting with me. She dont mind skinning and gutting 'em though.[}

Those who wish to appear wise among fools, among the wise seem foolish.
Marcus Fabius Quintilianus (35 AD - 100 AD)
Old 09-28-2002, 07:30 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-28-2002, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

You'd better believe that my wife hunts with me. She became interested about 12 years ago and became hooked (both gun and bow). She loves the woods, is very patient and has a blast too! She appreciates nature and loves seeing critters in the wild. As far as I'm concerned, I think it is terrific. It makes a great family "hobby". Besides, she NEVER complains about any hunting related equipment purchases... she may say where's mine though!!! Hunting is DEFINATELY for women too.
Old 09-28-2002, 07:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

the way i see it nobody should hunt unless they can gut it and make an effort to help get it back(help drag the deer she just shot after SHE gutted it)if my kid(if i ever have one) wants to hunt and kills a deer they are going to gut it(i will help them and tell them what to do but thats it never again will i help them gut it) and if they dont want to gut their game they will stay at home and never hunt with me again...but thats me...i feel if you can take the animals life you can gut it and than consume it...or if your not about eating wild game find someone that wants it....

Old 10-11-2002, 12:52 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-11-2002, 01:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I envy your situation , I wish I could get my wife to hunt with me.

kshunter , not all women are like your mother. My mother could out hunt and out fish alot of guys I know. She passed away in 88 and when I harvest something I always thank her because I know she's looking over my shoulder. My mother has a sister in Washington state who's 89 years old and still hunts blacktails and mulies.

"Nocked,cocked & ready to rock"

Quick Reply: question for all (please read)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.