Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Midday hunting stands

Old 08-21-2005, 05:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default Midday hunting stands

You fellows and gals that are successful at hunting during midday, (10:00am-2:00pm), what kind of areas do you hunt? I've done it some but have not done it enough to have any real confidence in it. Any other info appreciated too.Thanks, Scott Woody
Old 08-21-2005, 05:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Midday hunting stands

WOODY TO BE HONEST MY MID DAY STAND NORMALLY IS THE AIR CONDITIONED CAB OF A 2000 CHEVY P/U ;&gt)

DD

Old 08-21-2005, 06:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

last year i couldn't hunt early, i didn't get to the woods till 10:00a.m., i didn't see the first deer until 1p.m., he was leaving a bedding area, it was a cool morning with the sun shinning on the hillside, he had heard all the truck doors the four wheelers and had locked down in the warm sun,i didn't get a shot, he gave me the slip,but thats hunting, during the early season, i'd say its important tobe there early and in the evenings, during the rut all day, after the season gets going hunt when others don't, the deer are still there and they will move midday when they feel secure, i used to hunt all day, i've killed many deer between 9am-2pm while everybody else is ridin around or at home watchin the game, and its a practice i plan to start utilizing again this year...

best of luck, one things for sure you probably ain't gonna kill one from the couch
Old 08-21-2005, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Killed both of my deer from about 11:00 till 2:00.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:38 PM

Active trails are ALWAYS the trick.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:51 PM

Where I hunt the season is early and the weather is HOT (100+degrees) so if you want to have any chance at all of seeing a deer you have to hike a couple miles up a mountain then plenge into a ravine and hunt the creek beds. I've seen them actually laying down in the water.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

The same as in the morning or evening.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:30 AM
Typical Buck

when i hunt i hunt from dark to dark...i think between 10 and 2 are great times...most the other hunters are gettin' up and going back to their trucks for lunch and when they're movin' they spook deer...which hopefully come by my stand.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Deer actually pattern hunters, so the mature bucks, usually move from 10-2. I shot a nice 8pt at 2p.m on the dot last year and he was cruisin for the ladies. I would hunt a good thicket, where a doe could bed, and buck could corral her in. They like to keep em locked up around nov 2-18 of the month. Hunt the thickets and outside the bedroom, and stay on stand all day. Hope this helps, go get em!
Old 08-22-2005, 03:39 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the info Guys!!!!

Quick Reply: Midday hunting stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.