Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 High Gas Prices..How Much Will it Effect Your Hunting >

High Gas Prices..How Much Will it Effect Your Hunting

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

High Gas Prices..How Much Will it Effect Your Hunting

Old 08-18-2005, 07:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: High Gas Prices..How Much Will it Effect Your Hunting

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

Awwwwwwwww Reb I aint THAT big of a redneck to pull a camper trailer with a pick up ...Im a lot more refined then that ...I drove a 1971 Winnabago and parked it in Central Park ;&gt)

DD
10-4 cuss!
Old 08-18-2005, 09:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

i try to avoid foods that give me gas, as a last resort i'll drop one of those charcoal briqettes in my undies, seams to help. good luck hope you kill a good un this year
Old 08-18-2005, 11:49 PM

Virginia7:
No Hunting This Year.[:@] When gas prices hit $2/gal., and stayed above that level (now $2.499/gal.), that put the brakes on any/all hunting for me.[] Currently, selling off some guns.

Reply: Chuck7
You can't be serious. I'm paying 350 dollars for gas alone this year to go hunting. I love venison.
Unfortunately, VERY SERIOUS. The Lord has been good enough to allow me over 30years of hunting/shooting for various big game & varmints, and in places such as here in VA., Missouri,
PA., and Wyoming, etc.. It's been fun.
But, too many things are just getting too expensive, especially gas.
It's approx. 120miles round trip to the range, and that comes up to approx. $21.00 just for gas, not counting ammo, targets, etc.
Daily trips to the hunting areas are just out of the question now with gas going for $2.50/gal. or more.
Prices on guns are getting rediculous. About the only thing affordable any more is a Marlin 30/30. Though, that is a good gun/cartridge for around here.
Nope, it's getting to be a rich man's sport. Well, if not rich, better off than I can do.
Good luck folks.
For me, time to find another hobby.

Old 08-19-2005, 03:34 AM
Dominant Buck

So do I
I hope you get one too.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:19 AM

I dont care how high the gas prices are. I AM GOING HUNTING!

Even if it does cost more than $60 to fill up my bronco. The old tired 351m V8 is gettin about 8mpg lol
Old 08-19-2005, 12:31 PM

Default RE: Hi Gas Prices..How Much Will it Effect Your Hunting

High gas prices are in the back of my mind, but I can hunt 7 miles from my home or out to as far as 18 miles. I am also checking with local laws to see if I can hunt right down the street with my bow in which case I can walk. My main worry is how high will my heating costs be this winter and if I have to split more firewood this fall which will interfere/compete with my hunting time.
Old 08-20-2005, 03:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nothern just means your going to have to snuggle up closer to your better half .... see it aint ALL bad ;&gt)

DD
Old 08-20-2005, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't see where it will effect any of my hunting , I have deer,elk ,and turkeys on mine or the neighbors property to hunt . Just a few gallons for the quadsand I'm good .
Old 08-20-2005, 07:53 PM

Wont affect me a bit, i have to fly to hunt regardless.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

i try to avoid foods that give me gas, as a last resort i'll drop one of those charcoal briqettes in my undies, seams to help. good luck hope you kill a good un this year
whoops should have known it was the other kind of gas, the high priced stuff, the only thing it'll really do to me is keep me on the stand all day, no more runnin home or to the bbq rest.at lunch, this could be a plus

Quick Reply: High Gas Prices..How Much Will it Effect Your Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.