Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Calling all Saskatchewanians!!!!! >

Calling all Saskatchewanians!!!!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Calling all Saskatchewanians!!!!!

Old 09-24-2002, 08:09 AM

Default Calling all Saskatchewanians!!!!!

I was just wondering how many Saskatchewan people are active on this forum.....My name is Tim, and I hail from Saskatoon.....who and where is everyone else from??????

Be a stewart of the outdoors. Help to keep our heritage.
Old 09-24-2002, 09:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Calling all Saskatchewanians!!!!!

I now live in alberta but was born and raised in saskatchewan near yorkton.I travel back every year to hunt whitetails with my father.
Old 09-24-2002, 10:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Stooner boy, moved around a bit after schooling but couldn't stay away from the flat land and our whitetails!!!

What do you think about our hunting store, situation in s'toon, saskbucks? WS is better since the move, but some of the dills they have working there, make me leave scratching my head. SGW, is ok just have little of choice and well sometimes i wonder if they even care anymore....I want to yell "Get off your duff and help me a minute!" Oh well such is life in the bald prairie!

SJ, you a flat lander at heart too!!!! Can't blame you for Alta, economy and sheep!!!!! Buddy of mine moved their a number of years ago, still planning and promising me the beloved sheep hunt. One day soon, I hope.

Old 09-24-2002, 11:46 PM
Typical Buck

I'm from and now in Alberta. I was out to Saskabush a couple years back in Aug. for a "second honeymoon" and later in Dec. to hunt whitetails for a week. There seems to be a fair number of people in Alberta that are from Sask. You can tell who they are on washing day. They seperate their landry into three piles. Green, White, and Green and white.

As for sheep, skeeter, I don't know why they don't transplant some onto the mountian you fellows built for skiing out there. Surley the sheep would stay put as they would have no place else to go that they could see.

Robin

P.S. The deer hunt was very COLD and the "second honeymoon" was very HOT.

Edited by - Duffy on 09/25/2002 00:48:03
Old 09-25-2002, 08:14 AM

Skeeter,

WS is a lot better because it is bigger and there is more stuff....but the service of some of these guys that really don't know their store and/or don't know their inventory....or don't care to learn it...they just show up and "try" to "help out".....Terry and Steve and the Kincade guy know their stuff....the old guy that used to work archery was really crotchety and almost gruff and mean....Derald has always been nice to me....but some of those guys....I don't know.....Whenever I go to SGW the owner guy is always cordial, but no one is in a hurry to help...So where do you hunt Skeeter??? I hunt in the SMZ and up in 68s

Old 09-25-2002, 10:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Duff, I never thought of that, your on to something! Heck half of alta is former Sask people, why do you think the boom!

Saskbucks, like I said the old Dixon crew, with the exception of the older bearded dude you referenced..is good. Since moving they have doubled the staff and halfed the knowledge. SWG, I like Bill but he isn't the most motivated of fellas. His son is another story....

I hunt SMZ, 29 & 30. Up nort WMZ 49, 53, 54, 67 & 68...depends what I am chasing. WT's its 54 in thickwood hills, bueaty country and loads of great bucks!

Good luck to all!

Old 09-25-2002, 12:46 PM

I am from Swift Current. Great mulie country down here but not much for whitetails. I find WS to be very expensive. I bought a pair of Pentax 8X42 DCF WP binoculars recently and they were $100 more at WS than where I picked them up. I also bought a new sight for my bow this spring and WS wanted $129.99 for it and I picked it up for $75 elsewhere. The $75 dollars was the guys cost, but still a mark up of over $50 dollars on a sight seems ridiculous.
Cam's Hunting Page
Old 09-25-2002, 04:44 PM
Spike

I'm from Swift Current but am going to school in Moose Jaw right know. I still go back to Swift Current on weekends to hunt though.

Old 09-26-2002, 08:03 AM

Any of you guys get drawn for anything???? I put in for zone 99 for muley bucks, not a ton of time since my wife just gave birth to my new hunting partner, Rhett...........I have been trying for zone 24...i know its very popular....Good Luck to you guys.....Hey Cam I know Cam Kincade....met him through mutual friends....

Old 09-26-2002, 12:37 PM

Saskbucks

Congratulations on the new baby. I was drawn for either sex and antlerless mule deer in zone 14. This was my 2nd year in Super A. The last time I was drawn was in 1997. We are really busy at work right now and I am not able to get out hunting at all. We have worked the last three Saturdays and will be working this Saturday as well. I am hoping I can beg for the first Saturday off in October so I can get out with the muzzleloader. Things should slow down by the end of October. I have asked for the first week of rifle season off so hopefully we are slowed down by then. I don't know Cam Kincade personally, just talked to him through e-mail. He has sent me quite a few photos for my webpage. I know he was drawn for mule deer as well and also antelope.

Cam's Hunting Page

Quick Reply: Calling all Saskatchewanians!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.