Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Would you rather tag Opening Day or the last day? >

Would you rather tag Opening Day or the last day?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Would you rather tag Opening Day or the last day?

Old 07-19-2005, 04:20 PM

Default RE: Would you rather tag Opening Day or the last day?

Neither, I want it to bethe end of the first week in Nov. Thats when his neck is blown out, he can't stand still. He will be as big as he'll get and he'll be mean. You'll be able to seehis breath, hear him raking trees tearing up the woods. He'll chase off any intruder he finds and I'll be there with nocking knees. You will on occasion be able to hear my arrow rattle on my shelf or maybe hear my heart pounding . And thats when I want it to be.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: psebwhntr16

Opening day. In Kentucky opening day is the 3rd of September, so most of the bucks are still in velvet. That would be an awesome hunt.
i'm gonna be hunting up there that weekend. you think the bucks will be in velvet still????? well i guess i'll find out hopefully. i would really like to kill a big buck in velvet but how do they score it then???? i don't know. i would like to get a nice buck early in the season so i could doe hunt for the rest of the season and hunt other game.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:22 PM

Definitely opening day cause otherwise I would worry the entire season about poachers, neighbors shooting, or getting hit by a car...
Old 07-19-2005, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

opening day then i might be able to pass math and then waterfowl hunt
Old 07-19-2005, 05:48 PM
Typical Buck

Opening day, mainly meat hunting anyway and, as stated by others, there is no lack of other things to do out there...predator hunting, grouse, scouting the trap line...
Old 07-19-2005, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

My county is a one buck county. I see a bunch of bucks throughout the season, but I haven't ever been inclined to take one. I always wonder if I'll see a bigger buck before the end of season, or how big the ones I'm watching will be next year. But who knows, maybe this year will be the year.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

id rather tag out opening day than i can help everyone else who hasn't got their deer get one i get just as much enjoyment out of that as i do getting one myself it's all about spending time with ur buddies and having fun when we go.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: recurver67

Neither, I want it to bethe end of the first week in Nov. Thats when his neck is blown out, he can't stand still. He will be as big as he'll get and he'll be mean. You'll be able to seehis breath, hear him raking trees tearing up the woods. He'll chase off any intruder he finds and I'll be there with nocking knees.

I agree..
Old 07-19-2005, 11:57 PM

Opening Day, To me, itmean's that I have done my early homework. I luv hunting and the outdoors as much as anyone alive. but, to answer your question it's opening day.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:57 AM
Typical Buck

Opening day rifle is the prime rut in Ct. all the big bucks I have shot were the first few days. Later in the season I see lesser bucks and does. Thus a no brainer Oprening day. A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush.

Quick Reply: Would you rather tag Opening Day or the last day?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.