Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

attracting bucks

Old 07-10-2005, 11:56 AM
Fork Horn

Default attracting bucks

I recently bought a digital trail camera and it has been taking a lot of pictures and i am very pleased with them but all of the pictures are of does and fawns. I have the camera right by a corn feeder to attract the deer but i have never seen any bucks on any of the pictures. I was wondering if there was any other way besides corn to attract them.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: attracting bucks

Think about it, the #1 best guaranteed was to attract a buck is with a live doe in heat......
Old 07-10-2005, 03:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

I find that location more often than not dictates whether or not I get buck pics on my cam. Some spots are hot for bucks...some for does...especially at this time of the year. I use deer cocaine to attract them to the front of the cam but that doesn't really guarantee that you will have a buck in the picture.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Mrs. Doe Pee,

"The Collora Buck" taken 10-11-1996 by Sam Collora. The highest gross scoring typical Whitetail ever harvested with a bow.
Click Here to Enter!
American Outdoors, Inc.
Mrs. Doe Pee's Buck Lures
603 Red Bud Ridge
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa 52641
Phone: 319-385-3875
Fax: 319-385-2855
[email protected]

Powered by ICS Solutions

[/align]
Old 07-10-2005, 09:10 PM

Be patient. They will be by sooner or later.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't put Mrs.Doe Pee out now. I believe that it is a estrus scent and if you put it our before the bucks are ready to breed, you will just scare them away, along witht the does. Probably the best way to get pics of bucks right now is set the camera on a trail that leads between their bedding area and a field that they are feeding on. Make sure the delay between pictures is very fast, because the bucks will probably be in bachalor groups and you don't want to miss any of them because it wouldn't take a pic.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:35 AM

I found an antler when I was listening for turkeys in the spring .. I'll just say this if he was that big last year I cant wait til this year!
Good luck 2 all
Old 07-11-2005, 11:42 AM
Typical Buck

i'd leave it where it is, if their in the area their bound to show up sooner or later, only suggestion is to put the feeder at the intersection of 2 or more trails this way you can entice the deer using them....good luck
Old 07-11-2005, 02:37 PM

Not sure what you can do. Perhaps relocate your game camera to another location. I think this time of year the deer roam wildly and without much regular pattern. Come the fall, the does will herd up and the bucks will follow them regularly or within a very close range. I think now, July, all deer are more or less scattered about and not in the same herds all the time.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:15 PM

Try putting one of these under your feeder.

You are just going to have to try different locations. I've found my feeders
aren't the best places to catch bucks. I do have a mineral lick that I've had
going for several years that seems to draw the boys.

Quick Reply: attracting bucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.