Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Finally got the deer head back >

Finally got the deer head back

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Finally got the deer head back

Old 07-06-2005, 01:25 PM

Default Finally got the deer head back

My bro finally got his deer head back. It is his first buck and we got it mounted to go at the cabin.
We hunt in a earn a buck zone in south west wisconsin so he shot adoe and then the buck with in a minute of eachother. The buck was following the doe. It was awesome. I still tease him though seeing as my first buck is bigger then his, but we are twins so we usually compete. He shoots back saying i have never shot a double so i guess it evens out. Let him know what you think!!!

Old 07-06-2005, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Finally got the deer head back

That is a nice looking deer. Congrats to him on the double and for taking such a nice looking buck.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nice buck
Old 07-06-2005, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

i have a question on that earn a buck zone stuff. do you have to check a doe in, and then, get(buy) a buck tag? if your carrying around a buck tag and a doe tag--how would anybody know if you have already tagged a doe? i live in va so im not sure how it works in wisconsin. i read a post about 6 monhts ago where a guy got turned in buy his neighbor cuz he shot a buck before tagging a doe. how would he(neighbor) even know this? thanks
Old 07-06-2005, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice buck
Old 07-06-2005, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice first buck!!
Old 07-06-2005, 06:10 PM

the earn a buck stuff is basically you can get four tags, last year i belive they were green. Anyways they have a slot to slit on them for antlered or antlerless. Well you shoot your doe and tag it and shoot your buck. They must be registered together. or you can register your doe, get a buck tag, of a differnt color clearly labeled, anltered deer. Tag your buck with that. Or you could group hunt and if some one, with in shouting distance shoots a doe, another can shoot the buck to go with the doe. But no eletronic devices are allowed to be used so you have to be within ear shot. That is also some times tricky cause if it is a large group and there is only one doe taken. Always better to shoot a buck and doe together .

Thanks for the comments, My bro is sure proud known others think its a nice buck.......He is all smiles!!!!

Old 07-06-2005, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice animal congrats onhis first buck.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice deercongrats to your brother
Old 07-06-2005, 10:20 PM

Great First Buck

Quick Reply: Finally got the deer head back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.