Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Latest news on Chai Vang

Old 06-11-2005, 10:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Latest news on Chai Vang

This was in today's Chicago Tribune. I know most of you are intrested.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/...6/17970022.pdf

Remember to keep our lost fellow hunters and their families in our prayers.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 06-12-2005, 01:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Latest news on Chai Vang

Oh boy, interesting to say the least. He will not get off.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:39 AM
Typical Buck

now, why or why would you say he wouldn't get off???????????
Old 06-12-2005, 06:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Because he's guilty?[&:][&:]
Old 06-12-2005, 08:26 AM
Dominant Buck

This only appears to be a statement written to reflect the defendant's side , nothing to compare it to .
Old 06-12-2005, 12:53 PM

Thanks for sharing. I was just surfing the web today ( google) looking for an update.
The letter had the ring of truth to it. Vai was justified in protecting himself if the other hunter fired first. He's in deep trouble after that. I believe, there were no other weapons at the scene. No way can he justify the massacre that followed; he was just eliminating witnesses. It must have been a horrific moment for all concerned.
There is a lesson in this for all of us. Never confront a fellow hunter in an belligerent way; you just don't know what attitude or background he brings to the scene. The one thing you both bring to the situation is the hunter instinct and loaded weapons. The Law will sort it out, but the tragedy is irreversible.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Something seems a bit fishy with his "statement" if you ask me. He says that while walking away he was shot at. So he takes enough time to unmount his scope before returning fire. It seems unbelievable to me that a person would waste a second unmounting a scope from an SKS in order to return fire, just start returning fire. I mean he had alot of military service and weapons experience under his belt. (Although he was awarded a marksman or sharpshooter, he certainly doesn't seem to be able to hit the deer he was firing at earlier).

He also says things are taking place as he's walking away yet he specifies very short distances (10 ft?) are covered while walking away. Was he walking that slow?

One fact is certain, he was no longer "defending himself" in any way shape or form when he returned and sez "Aren't you dead yet" and finishes the guy off. He states that he was fired upon first and he took off his scope and shot the guy who dropped. The others scattered & ran away. There was no more immediate threat at that point so what he did afterward is basically slaughter.

I hope we all learn from this and interact with others we might meet up with when afield in a much more sportsman like manner. I know I will.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 06-12-2005, 02:41 PM
Typical Buck

I think an example shold be set. He addmites to runing back to shoot more.Chaceing people to shoot them and even finnishing a guy of THAT WAS STILL ALIVE.

I allso think his story is very very fishy. He can hit a deer with the scope on but sure can shoot people.Like has ben stated.He had time to remove his scope.It is eazy to tell he wanted to kill ALL of them and not just get away.HE RELOADED.

I think if they started killing off the people like this and not houseing them and feeding the our tax money for years and years. things would be a lot better.

I hope they hang the son of a BLEEP up and let any member of the famly [ That would like to] beat he to DEATH.I sure know I would if this hapen to my famly.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:43 PM

well, i am in no way defending him; but look at it like this. Three really BAD guys break into your house in the middle of the night. They make threats that if you dont listen to them they will kill you and your family and that they will come find you where ever you hide if you tell the cops. You get the chance and blast on in the skull. the other 2 break for the door. Would you let the run, having to worry the rest of your life about them coming back or would you take them out??
Old 06-12-2005, 02:52 PM
Typical Buck

Yep I would blast them. If they are IN YOUR HOUSE this is totaly difrant.There is 2 big chioses here.If they got out the door I would leg shoot them.If they are still in MY HOUSE I would drop them in there tracks.

NO MATTER WHAT I WOULD NOT HAVE RAN THEM DOWN OR FINNISHED OFF ANY WOUNDED ONES.OR RELOAD TO KILL OFF MORE.

Quick Reply: Latest news on Chai Vang

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.