Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

deer feeder?

Old 05-16-2005, 07:18 PM

Default deer feeder?

I have 2 plastic 55 gal. 1/2 drums cut lengthwise. Should I erect a small shelter over a drum half as a feeder? I have all the materials on hand now. Or should I just cast out corn in a feeding area? What are the advantages of each? Am I just getting into too much work with 4 posts and shingles, and trying to complicate things? Thanks, Tony!
Old 05-16-2005, 08:01 PM

Default RE: deer feeder?

Real easy PVC pipe gravity feeder use 3" or 4" PVC one elbow two caps, cut about 1/4 off of one cap to let corn out. remove top cap and fill with corn or whatever. I have three set up, they are cheap, keep the feed dry and they work great.

Old 05-16-2005, 08:25 PM

Did you camo or black paint yours? Looks like it from the picture, or would regular white pipe not spook the deer? I have some 6" pvc on hand, but need other pieces. Great idea! Thanks!
Old 05-16-2005, 09:54 PM

I spray painted camo.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:29 AM
Typical Buck

I wonder why everybody jumped all over that animal lover the other day about feeding deer so they could look at them? All that "it's bad for wild animals" and stuff like that, yet home made and store bought feeders full of corn and deer caine and ever other kind of crap to turn them in to unsuspecting pets by hunting season you can shoot and nobody raises an eye brow?

If you are missing any of these, I tore them down out of Hoosier National Forrest and turned them in to the forrest office in Bedford along with the location so they could tell the CO where to look for baiting cheaters. You could probably get them back just by going in and claiming them.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:20 AM

Nice Feeder Timbercreek, I think i'll make one myself

thx
Old 05-17-2005, 09:28 AM

The feeder is good except I would take the elbow off the bottom and just leave the tube 2-3in off the ground. Little cheaper and easier.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Timber, I'm missing something here. Looking at your picture that corn is well spread out. That deer looks 3-5 feet away from your feeder. How does your PVC spread it that far?
Old 05-17-2005, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PA_BOW_HUNTER

Hey Timber, I'm missing something here. Looking at your picture that corn is well spread out. That deer looks 3-5 feet away from your feeder. How does your PVC spread it that far?

i was wondering that same thing. i might try one though.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:18 PM

What does not fit in the feeder from the bag I dump on the ground, and also I have seen them learn to kick the feeder to make more come down. And if you don't have the elbow and cap at the bottom with a small hole all of it will just come out!

Quick Reply: deer feeder?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.