Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Vendor Forums > White Knuckle Productions
 Thoughts and Prayers to Andy Nevar Family >

Thoughts and Prayers to Andy Nevar Family

White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

Thoughts and Prayers to Andy Nevar Family

Old 06-11-2009, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Thoughts and Prayers to Andy Nevar Family

Well, I got a pretty rough phone call from Wisconsin last night. One of my best friends and WKP team members Andy Nevar was playing in a fun softball game this past weekend and had a pretty strange injury occur. Andy tore his achilles tendon from the base of his heel. This is about as bad of an injury as a guy can get. He will have months of recovery ahead of him.

Andy is going into surgery tomorrow AM. Please keep Andy and his family in your thoughts. After surgery, Andy has 2 months of bed-rest to look forward to, before another 3 months of rehabilitation. For a guy like Andy, this is about as bad as it can get, and I really feel for him.

Hang in there buddy - you will get through this and kill a slob this fall somehow!

Old 06-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thoughts and Prayers to Andy Nevar Family

Wow Nevs ouch!!! Prayers are with you bro hang in there if you need anything give us a call bro!!!! Walt
Old 06-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Spike

Andy,
get well soon.
I had a close friend who did the same thing in a company tournament about 12 years ago.
He made a recovery after a lot of hard work. He too is a mad deer hunter. Good luck.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:22 PM
Fork Horn

Get well soon bro!! I can't believe the amount of people I know that have been getting injured lately in softball! It is crazy!! Be safe out there..

Stan
Old 06-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just got word from Ed Nevar that Andy is out of surgery and everything went well. The doctor said his tendon was shredded! I'm thinking of you Nev's - hang in there!
Old 06-12-2009, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hang in there bro thinking and praying for Nevs. Glad to hear all went good. Walt
Old 06-13-2009, 03:43 AM
Spike

Over the years I've been fortunate enough to become good friends with all the three of the Nevar boys and their families. These guys are "Class A" individuals. I've had the distinct privelage of sharing deer camp with these guys for several seasons now, and let me tell you its a riot. They've introduced me to alot of people. Some of you guys on this site even. And for that I am truely greatful. I was playing in the game with Andy when he got hurt. I dont think anyone had any idea it was this serious. When I got the news my jaw hit the floor! I'm sure everyone reading this will agree in this economy, missing that much work is not good. So I too ask all of you....Continue to pray for Nev's.

Nev's I'll be praying for you and your family each and every day. Keep your chin up! I love you brother!
Old 06-23-2009, 06:17 PM

Sorry its taken so long to responed to all of your kind words, I have basically been in a state of denial over this injury, its been about 20 days since it happened andI have worked everyday except the day of the surgery, the reason is I have a contract for a entire house full of cherry cabinets and they are moving in this weekend, talk about bad timing!!
Im not the type that sits well regardless of deadlines, I am thankful for the help of friends and family but i am also a stubborn SOB and hate the fact that i need to rely on others to do things for me. I would much rather help then be helped. However, the fact that Todd and everyonewith WKP has been so supportive is humbling, WKP is more than a production company, I consider it family and I thank all ofyou for your thoughts and prayers. Nevs
Old 06-23-2009, 07:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm a little late on this but best wishes to you nevs. Injury's always suck but there a real pain In the ass for folks such as yourself who are very active. You and I are allot alike when It comes to people helping us out, I'd much rather be doing the helping as you would. It just goes to show though that your a good man, people wouldn't be helping If they didn't care for you and think highly of you. Get well soon and best of luck.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Spike

Prayers sent for a speedy recovery Andy! I had a close friend go through the same ordeal and he's doing very well with his rehab. I'm sure you'll be in fine shape for archery season. Don't be afraid to lean on your friends for support...that's what they're there for!

Quick Reply: Thoughts and Prayers to Andy Nevar Family

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.