Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

Another BBD!

Old 05-25-2009, 04:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default Another BBD!

Well boys, I finally dropped the hammer on this guy Thursday morning. Truth be told, I was heading out of the woods around 10:00am and wanted to check out a food plot I have out in an old overgrown apple orchard. I had striped down to my t-shirt, camo pants, and just had on my WKP hat, which must have had some sort of magic cloaking abilities. As I approach the food plot, I see this guy out in it feeding. At this point I am only 50 yards from him. I dropped to my belly in the foot tall grass and belly crawled to a nearby apple tree about 10 yards away. He still had no clue........AMAZING! I slowly sat up, hugging the side of the apple tree as closely as I could. Still no clue....... I was all ready to shoot but he was slightly facing away from me and I wanted to make certain I could see a rope before shooting. He turned slightly, I saw the rope swinging, and I then CRUSHED him at 40 yards with a load of 3-1/2" # 5's from the 12ga!!! Better to be lucky than good any day!!! 10" beard and 1-1/8" spurrs.
[/align][/align]Here's what I was wearing when I strolled upon him.......[/align][/align][/align]

Here is the Hollywood shot........

Old 05-27-2009, 02:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Another BBD!

At a boy Mark way to go!!!! Man is that how turkey hunting goes most of the time you try and try and they seem so darn smart and then they turn around and let you do that to them!!! Congrats on a great bird bro!! Walt
Old 05-27-2009, 05:10 AM
Spike

That is a great bird. Congrats my friend! Great Pics, thanks for posting.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats!!