Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

08 Buck

Old 11-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Spike

Default 08 Buck

Long story, but good.

Been a fairly mediocre deer season thus far. Not a lot of deer but I've honestly passed up more 130-140 inch bucks than I've ever done before because of a mental mindset/goal that I wanted to achieve. 4.5 years of age or 150 inches minimum was my goal. I knew I'd have a tough go of it when I found out we were expecting twin girls the end of October or beginning of November but I stuck to my guns as best as I could.

Anyway, I got permission to do some hunting this weekend as this front blew through. My mom came to help kid sit and away I went! Yesterday morning I got my cam hung up on my bow holder weird and popped my string off the cam, which was pretty sweet. Last night was a bust and all I was was wet, cold, and frustrated.

Today I went to a spot only to see a dead deer laying by my treestand and then another stand 40 yards from me. Nice. At first light I could hear something coming and as I got ready I noticed three dogs trotting up the path. Each one had a brightly colored T-shirt on, orange, green, and yellow, I assume the owners didn't want them shot so they threw the shirts on them. It was awesome watching them run around me so at around 0730 I climbed down and went elsewhere.

I was back up in the tree by 0800 and immediately a great 8 pointer came through. With the wind so strong I had to yell to stop him, he visibly tensed and ducked strongly at the shot. I shaved hair off his back and he ran off. Not two text messages later I see another buck coming towards me, I thought it was the same deer and went into auto pilot. I drew and tried to stop him but he kept walking through my lane. I held forward and touched it off! He dropped as well, but not far enough! The arrow hit him in the spine and I quickly put a follow up shot into him. Total elapsed time at the second set up was about 5 minutes or so! I'm elated with the buck, what a great cap to an already great fall!

I sent about a billion text messages and made a few phone calls in the next minute, boy was/am I excited!! He's a great 9 pointer with a busted off G4, I have no idea on score, maybe 140 or so?

Anywhoo, I've had some serious frustration with the deer this year and after the girls arrived I really had no drive to hunt until these past two days. I said prayers before I climbed up and kept my chin up as the past two windy/snowy/rainy days rolled by. I feel that someone was watching over me today as a completely crappy start to the day ended up with me getting what I feel is my Just Reward for persisting through a difficult season and a BUSY BUSY BUSY personal life!!

Old 11-08-2008, 05:19 PM

Default RE: 08 Buck

AWESOME BUCK CONGRATS YOU EARNED HIM............
Old 11-09-2008, 06:05 AM
Typical Buck

Congratulations on an awesome buck! Also congratulations on your girls!
What state are you in?
Old 11-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great buck, congratulations
Old 11-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great looking buck congrats
Old 11-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's a dandy buddy - Congrats!
Old 11-10-2008, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

Niiiiice!!
Old 11-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Fork Horn

lol.. "haven't seen many deer but passed up alot of 130-140's this year." lmao.. **** what i wouldn't give to see just one 130 or 140!! That is one great buck!

Stan