White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

pre rut

Old 10-23-2008, 09:06 PM
Spike

Default pre rut

alright anyone out there seing any chase action going on? I hunted near flint MI yesterday and grunted in two decent bucks and passed on them.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: pre rut

last weekend saw an 8 chasin some does and sparin witha young buck. this weekend should be like goin to the candy store
Old 10-24-2008, 04:47 AM
Fork Horn

I have been seeing some small bucks chasing. Haven't seen anything big moving yet
Old 10-24-2008, 02:35 PM

I havent seen anything big out yet. I am checking trail cameras every three days and stiff have yet to get a good one in the day light. Should start to see them in the daylight in the nwxt 5 days I would think.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:49 PM

HAD A SMALL 8PT. RUN A DOE RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY TRUCK TODAY AT 1:00 SO I THINK ITS ALMOST HERE.........
Old 10-25-2008, 02:22 PM

Right now, I think we are a week to 10 days away from the mature boys going on the prowl. I have seen immature bucks getting crazy already, but that is no marker for the rut. I think the first week of November will be a great time to hunt scrape lines near bedding areas, and bucks will start seeking more heavily. I hope things work out the way I plan, its going to be interesting, but we need mother nature to cooperate with some crisp colder air.

Jason
Old 10-26-2008, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Big bucks are moving in Iowa. Tyler shot "Harley" last night, but doesn't think he hit him well. High shoulder hit on-camera, will update later. Big bucks on the move with some crazy weather coming in.

I got so close to killiing a nice buck in Illlinois yesterday morning I was at-full draw with death on my mind. For some reason God is toying with me cause he doesn't want me to tag out in Illinois - going on 4 years now! We're back in Iowa for a couple days to handle business, then back to Illinois to try and finish what we started!
Old 10-26-2008, 01:45 PM

We were out last night and finally had a mature buck on his feet in shooting light. We had a buck we call the tall brow 8 @ 40 yds for about 4 sec's He was dogging a doe so my guess is that from here on,things at least in WI should continue to heat up. We were out this morning and didnt see a deer, we were also facing 20-30 MPH winds, right now as i am typing there is 30-40 mph winds so we are out for today and Monday but hitting it hard again on Tues, we are planning to hunt rub lines and scrapes on tues. Good Luck Guys and Gals, the best is just on the horizon.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:29 AM

This weekend i saw a 135ish 8 on doe pushing her and another smaller buck on doe on a different property the cold weather is moving in. Mikey I hope your ready.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Spike

well here I am hunting near ann arbor tonight and I seen two mature bucks on their feet between 630 and 655. Ues that means lots of shooting light. Both bucks were both outa bow range by far and wind was blowing so hard that grunt call was useless too. But hey big bucks on their feet gotta love it. Tim for all day hunt Sat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.