Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

Swing and a miss.. lol..

Old 10-10-2008, 11:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default Swing and a miss.. lol..

Tonight I went out and filmed my good friend Jim on some private property he was allowed to hunt on. With it being 75 degrees out we weren't planning on seeing much moving. Maybe hoping to catch a doe come by at last light. The night was uneventful until last light at 7:15. At this time 4 deer skirted about 60 yards south of us, two being bucks. Of these two bucks one was a shooter. My friend grunted lightly a couple of times but they paid us no mind. We watched them walk off by his other stand west of us browsing on acorns. About 5 mins later we heard another deer walking from where the other four came from. We don't see him until he gets in front of us and Jim says "Shooter buck!" I get on him and he is at 35 yards. My friend asks if he should grunt or rattle I said hit the grunt lightly a time or two.. He does and the deer cuts the corner closer towards us looking at the thicket behind us. He is a great deer!! I told him to shoot but he didn't have the shot until the deer moved 2 more steps to the right. Jim let it fly and it hit a limb and deflected! I didn't know he had such a small lane. Well the deer didn't spook and trotted off away only to stop and look in the other direction of us. He was trying to figure out what had happened. He had no clue! I knew he missed! lol.. We got down after dark and found his arrow. It was clean as a whistle! So we'll be out there again on Sunday trying for him again!

Stan

Old 10-10-2008, 11:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Swing and a miss.. lol..

Stan

Old 10-11-2008, 12:16 AM
Fork Horn

Who's this guy?

Stan

Old 10-11-2008, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

That must be one of those very elusive "black" whitetails! he he he ....

Hey - I had another "fresh baby fresh" moments last night! We will get a crack at something big this year - I just have that feeling in my belly!
Old 10-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Fork Horn

Nice head Stan!!!! hahaha........ Less scent that way right??? I do the same thing just not to that extent.

Jay