Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

?'s for WKP team

Old 06-16-2008, 05:12 PM

Default ?'s for WKP team

Guys, I see you guys like to set up on deer patterns and sign right away, and Todd always has his LW sticks and stand on his back. Firstly, I currently do not own and LW stands so here are my questions.

How many sticks do you need to get a platform height of 24ft?

Is the whole assembly light?

Who sells the straps to hold it all together neatly?

I myself have over 3 dozen fixed position stands that I put up, many time I have stands as close as 40 yards just so I could hunt the same corridor on diff winds. Thanks for all your help, all input would be beneficial.

Jason Cuda

Old 06-17-2008, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ?'s for WKP team

Jason the lone wolf steps strap togather there self and you just use the strap that holds the stand on the tree to keep them on the stand.4 steps will get you real close to 24 ft depending on how you climb.Yeh we love to hunt hot sign and you know the spot when you see it, Just be careful when hunting sign because it can be a double edge sword beccause alot of sign is made at midnight and you get sucked in to hunting it anyway. I did this last year because of the heat and blue tonguethat hit our area hard in Illinois when we started seeinggreat sign we lost focus and we would even sit there on camera and say why are we hunting this it is made at night we knew it and still fell for it. But when you find that magical spot you will know.. Walt
Old 06-17-2008, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Four sticks and a hang-on weigh about 24 lbs. At the moment, it's the lightest way to get a set into "any" (within reason) tree.

What Wally said about the straps.

I've just found running and gunning easier to hunt where you want to hunt. Seems like the more stands we hang in the middle of summer - the less we end up hunting them. I like to move based on my gut at the particular time of year, conditions, and observed movement.

Old 06-17-2008, 11:58 AM
Fork Horn

Personally it would take me 5 sticks Id think. Maybe not. You could always use 2 or 3 folding screw ins to get ya started to keep the weight down. Use em for the first 6 ft or so.

Jay