Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Vendor Forums > White Knuckle Productions
 Primal Dreams - 3 years later... >

Primal Dreams - 3 years later...

Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

Primal Dreams - 3 years later...

Old 04-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Primal Dreams - 3 years later...

I first saw the Wensal / Mitten production "Primal Dreams" 3 or 4 years ago. I remembered back then when I watched it - "Wow - this is absolutely amazing". I watched it, let someone borrow it - and never got it back.

When I watched it the first time - it actually inspired me to start filming, making videos, yada-yada-yada.

I happened to see Gene Wensal at the Madison Deer show this weekend. It was the first time I had seen him since buying the video from him at the Iowa Deer Classic in 2005. I gave him a couple copies of our video and just expressed how much I appreciated a video that's sole purpose was to celebrate why I guess I love hunting so much.

I watched Primal Dreams last night for the first time in many years - and for the first time since I started filming myself. Having a few years of "field production" under my belt, this video had so much more of an impact on me that I just felt I needed to write about it.

It is absolutely the most beautiful film I've ever seen, and I can't emphasize how much I love the whole idea/ concept/ and ethics desplayed in the video. I got chills, choked up, laughed, and was bewildered for 2 hours - and can't wait to hit the field again with my camera in an attempt to do what they have shown beyond what I can ever imagine being capable of doing.

I honestly think this video should be a manditory watch for all kids, and hunters alike. It removes all the "stuff" that means nothing, and shows what hunting and videography are all about. I absolutely apploud them for making such an incredible video! I can only hope to follow in their footsteps in some way - shape - and form....
Old 04-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Primal Dreams - 3 years later...

Wow, sounds like a must see movie. Howcan I get a copy?
Old 04-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.brothersofthebow.com/html/primaldreams.html
Old 04-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

Ive yet to see the whole DVD but I did see some parts of it way back when Todd lived in MI. He showed us a bunch of segments of it on a wednesday night one time. I need to order it and watch it thru from beginning to end. What I did see was amazing footage.

Jay
Old 04-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

I may have to get this too. If Jay and Todd say it's good then it must be.

Stan
Old 04-08-2008, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I still list it as the best DVD ever made!! I remember when Todd showed it to me also and all I could say was WOW and that is just not me to be spechless!! Walt